What's new

Brian Setzer Live in Japan (1 Viewer)

Dan Keefe

Second Unit
Any word on this DVD? It was supposed to hit the street 2/19.
My local FYE sayes they have no listing for it. Has it been pushed back or cancelled? Or is FYE full of it(more likely:) )
Thanks,
dan

willyh

Agent
I just saw an ad for this DVD in today's Fry's Electronic flyer for $15.99. Guess I'll head over and see if they actually have it in stock. Anyone seen any reviews? I understand it has both DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1.

Mark Lensenmaye

Auditioning
I have it. Some of the Image titles are hard to find, for some reason. I ordered it from DVDPLANET, which, I believe, has a direct connection to Image.

Disc is very, very good. It is an excellent recreation of a Brian Setzer concert. I have heard the band twice live, and sounds just like the band in concert.

Brass is very well recorded. I thought the sax section was a little underplayed. Brian sounds great on everything.

I found the bass to be VERY high on this, but, it also sounds that way live. I don't like quite as much, so I cut back the subwoofer level 10db (yes, that much) to even out the sound. Everyone will treat this in their own way, though.

Disc has both DTS and Dolby tracks...both sound about the same. DTS sounds just a BIT better to my ears, but I usually find that to be the case.

This is one to play LOUD! This band is a true powerhouse, and this one sounds best cranked up high.

ROCK THIS TOWN will become required listening for everyone who comes into the house.

AndyDL

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys,
NONE of the local retailers here in the Mesa/Phoenix area are carrying the DVD. Morons. I had to order it through Amazon.
From what I can tell, the disc looks to be amazing. Unfortunately, my house is being remodeled at the moment so I can't listen to it yet... but I can't wait.
I also have seen BSO live 5 times now I think. Truly amazing band.
If this disc doesn't get your toes tappin', I don't know what will!
Andy

Hal Olson

Auditioning
Can't wait to get this one in the player this weekend. Got mine on Friday, pre-ordered it from DVD Empire. Was hoping it had great sound, took a chance on the pre-order without any reviews of it. Love the music!

Hal

Dan Keefe

Second Unit
I finally got mine. Morons at FYE had misplaced it behind the counter. I watched part of it and it is sweet. Hopefully next weekend I will get to watch it straight through.

Thanks for letting me know it was out. Who knows when they would have found it.

thanks,

dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks