Brian and Jack- quick help with DeWalt 621 and Jasper Jig

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Wes Nance, Sep 12, 2002.

1. Wes Nance

Wes Nance Stunt Coordinator

Hey guys,

I think I remember you both using DeWalt 621 routers. I've had one for a few months, but never mounted my Jasper 200 jig yet. Today I went to do it, and it seems like it sticks out the wrong side of the router.

With my previous router, the jig, when properly installed, pointed away from you when you were using the router. With the indicated holes for the DeWalt, the jig is coming towards me- I would have to operate the router backwards to get it to work with the jig.

Is this how yours is? What am I missing?

Thanks,

Wes

2. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    Jig should be on the left side when holding the router, trigger in right hand.

3. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

Mine's just the opposite. The jig is sticking out to the right when I hold the router with the trigger in my right hand. It's really irrelevant as to where the jig sticks out. I don't spin around in a circle cutting holes anyway. Can you imagine how dizzy I'd be after cutting 54 holes for those Alphas! Of course, I haven't cut anything larger than 14" or so either.

Brian

4. Jack Gilvey

Jack Gilvey Producer

When my jig is pointing toward me, the trigger is to the right (on the "far side" of the handle), dust collection port/locking wheel to the left. I don't see it as backwards, though, feels good to me. Since the trigger on the 621 can be locked down, it's easy to guide the router around the cut without staying behind/in front of it at all times. I guess for really big cuts you'd want to be on the outside, so the trigger would help.

Make sense?

5. Hank Frankenberg

Hank Frankenberg Cinematographer

Why do you pilgrims care where your jig sticks out?
    couldn't resist [​IMG]