What's new

Brenner (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Is there any chance of Timeless releasing a second boxset with the remaining episodes of Brenner?

ToddR2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd Rutherford
Richard, Timeless would like to issue the remaining episodes, but have not yet found acceptible sources. I really enjoy Brenner, and would like to see the remaining episodes on DVD. BTW, you have a long overdue PM in your inbox.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by ToddR2

Richard, Timeless would like to issue the remaining episodes, but have not yet found acceptible sources. I really enjoy Brenner, and would like to see the remaining episodes on DVD. BTW, you have a long overdue PM in your inbox.

When I tested out my copy of the Brenner DVD set (skipping through the chapters) there was only one episode with a soft picture/print quality. The rest of the episodes were quite sharp to sharp. And I love the realistic look of the series (the scenes filmed on location). Purchased the set from Amazon.com and it was great to get the boxset arrive undamaged. Boxsets from Amazon UK and US usually arrived undamaged, but as this set was wider than normal I thought it might get some damage during delivery. But no, spot on, no damage.

The presentation of the menus was alright. Nothing fussy, but quality.

I'm probably going to get the Johnny Staccato DVD set sometime.

Executive

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeff Margulis
It should be noted that "The Tragic Flute" was not really a BRENNER episode, but the failed pilot for a proposed
spinoff series with the same production team called CHARLIE PARADISE starring Ron Randell as a private detective who

works out of a coffee shop frequented by beatniks and other colorful characters.
Edward Binns guest starred as Lt. Roy Brenner. It's the only one from the first box set filmed in 1960.

All the others are from 1959. I suspect that the remaining 11 episodes of Brenner we have yet to see may be from early 1960, but it's

hard to say. Point being is that CBS originally several of the remaining episodes including the Charlie Paradise pilot during short rums in

1961 and 1964, but none of them are newer than 1960.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks