What's new

Brendan Benson Anyone? (1 Viewer)

Brian Bunn

Second Unit
I have recently become aware of Brendan Benson, having read a review of his new CD in my local newspaper. That review prompted me to pick up a copy of "Lapalco", and boy am I glad I did! This stuff is right up my alley. He has a similar sound to Jason Falkner, I suppose because Falkner's musical accompaniment is represented all over the album! Falkner helped write some of the songs as well. And Benson and Falkner play all the instruments. And that is one heck of a talented duo. The result is one heck of a fantastic album to my ears.

Twelve tracks of catchy-as-all-get-out pop songs, with melodies that are hard to shake long after your listening session is over. And the darn album just gets better with each listen. Stuff this good is almost obscene! What IS obscene is that stuff this good doesn't just bust out huge all over. But in a way that just makes it all the more special to those that DO find it.

Brendan Benson - Lapalco...if you enjoy outrageously catchy melodies and clever lyrics, back to basics, keep it simple instrumentation, all done with a bit of a retro vibe from two talented musicians...then track down a copy of "Lapalco". I'm about to jump on his 1996 album "One Mississippi" as well. I need more of this stuff!

MatS

Screenwriter
are you sure you don't just like him because he has the same initials as you ;)
yes, great cd

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks