What's new

Breathe Right strips ROCK! (1 Viewer)

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
You've seen 'em.. they're those things the football players wear on their noses. I always thought "what can that little thing do for you? It's just tape".

Well, my nephew gave me one of these to try while I sleep. WOW, what a difference! I haven't breathed that freely since I was a kid, probably. I'm an occasional snorer (usually after a few drinks.. for some reason alcohol relaxes my sinuses) and these things do the trick.

I just wish I could wear them all the time and not look like a dork. Is there any way I could make them look fasionable?

Just wanted to put in my 2¢. Anyone else try 'em?

Mark Frank

Stunt Coordinator
I've used them once or twice and I'll agree that they are amazing. You'd never think something that simple would be so effective.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
They're fairly effective for sports too, my teammate in my adventure race team uses them, he says it really helps when sinues build up or on the cold days when your nose just runs and runs and runs.. (like today!)

Jay

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
They never stick to my face because my nose is so oily. J/K actually I have tried them (horrible allergy sufferer and professional snorer) but just feeling them there bugs me. I usually end up ripping it off after a few minutes.

Frederick

Second Unit
I just started using them about a week ago. The wife's been complaining about my snoring, and I thought I'd give them a shot. The first night didn't seem to change much, but she said the second night a barely made a sound. By the third night, nada! She said I didn't make a peep! I was amazed! It's such a simple little thing if you think about it. I've used them every night so far, and we both sleep now. I don't know what I'm going to do for the long-term. Losing weight is a slow process, so maybe I'll use them until I drop 20 lbs or so. That first time though I didn't read the instructions that said wet them before removing them. OUCH!

Freddy C.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
What do they look like? Can they be had at a standard drug store? Do you need a specially-shaped (ie. European :)) nose to use them?
And, how do they work anyways?

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
You can just check out their website:
http://www.breatheright.com/
This is a namebrand, but there are certainly others. More like a nicely shaped bandaid that kind of makes the air passages a little wider to allow more airflow. There's more info at the website anyway...
Jay

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Thanks. I always thought those things were there to stop sunburn or something, and are just pieces of generic tape that nobody in their right mind would create a mega-corporation over. :)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
How often can you re-use a strip? Do you throw the whole thing out after you peel it off, or can you replace the tape but keep the device?

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Ah...another throw-away product! At least they should be made edible!
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

Hmmm, anyone from Canada get a hold of these from local retailers? I can't find any references to this product from the Canadian retailer websites, like Shopper's Drug Mart or London Drugs.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Max, you are more than welcome to eat them if you want! I've wondered what would be the difference than using a small bandaid. I've never tried it myself.

Odd that you wont find them in pharmacies, might check grocery stores too, I see them in my local grocery store and pharmacies.

Jay

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I've wondered what would be the difference than using a small bandaid.
I don't think a Band-Aid® will cut it. Breathe Rights are kinda springy.. they want to stay straight... so when you adhere them to your nose, they pull your nose open.

I think as you get older, gravity is trying to pull your nose down to your chin... especially if you have one as big as mine, and your nasal passages become constricted.

Gordon Moore

Second Unit
Hey Max,
Walmart...Safeway, they are definately available in Winnipeg and I assume other parts of Canada. If you're having trouble try asking the university's athletic department, or possibly a local football club, sports doctor, physiotherapist. Very popular with track, cycling, football etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks