What's new

Breast cyst? (1 Viewer)

Hello. I went to the Dr. in January because I had several painful lumps in a variety of different places on my body. He told me the lumps were sebaceous cysts.

Since that visit, I have discovered another painful lump in my chest. It hurts on and off, and moves around. I'll feel the spot that it was last in, and it won't be there, only to discover it in another spot. My entire chest has been hurting lately, and the pain seems to come from the lump area. The other cysts cause pain like this as well in the areas they are present.

I wondered if anyone thinks this could be male breast cancer? I think it's just another cyst, and don't want to waste the Dr.'s time with another visit for the same problem, but will go if people think I should. Does this sound like another cyst?

Glenn Overholt

Senior HTF Member
What did the doctor tell you about the other cysts? Are they just going to go away by themselves?

I'd call him up if I were you and let him know that you have a new one.

Glenn

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Gary: Call the doctor.

There's nothing more important than your health, dude. You're not wasting his/her time.

The doctor will know a heck of a lot more than us bunch of clucks at the HTF! :D

I'm not a doctor...and I don't even play one on the internet! ;)

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

I agree. This haven of techno geeks is the worst place in the world to get advice about breasts.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Gary, it is likely that this is the same as the other cysts you have, but why take the chance? Let your doctor know.

About these cysts: Have you had them for a while or did they pop up all of the sudden? Do you have any darkly pigmented spots (called café-au-lait spots) anywhere on your body? Has anyone else in your family had cysts like these?

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
My wife has a cyst on her left wrist which comes and goes. Each time it returns it's not quite in the same spot it was before. Every once in a while, it comes up right under the tendons where the radius/ulna meet the wrist and sometimes where the big muscle on the bottom of the thumb meets the wrist. Very painful. Her doctor told her not to worry about it unless it became too painful to use her hand then he would discuss surgery to remove it.

I first started noticing pain coming from a small lump on the side of my abdomen, and then others popped up, so they pretty much came out of nowhere. I have black spots on the underside of my right leg, but they just look like stretch marks. I also have some darker/bigger freckles on my back, but they're surrounded by other freckles, and would think that's all they are. Nobody else in my family has had these cysts as far as I know.

Should I have these spots? Are dark freckles these spots?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.