Breaking the news

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Tom Johnson, Feb 15, 2002.

1. Tom Johnson

Tom Johnson Stunt Coordinator

We had a tattoo thread going and I mentioned I got one this past Tuesday. I live in MD, but work in NJ during the week. My wife and kids have no idea I did it. Tonight I break the news by showing to them all at once. Wish me luck!

2. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

Good luck, bro!

When I told my family, I felt like I was coming out of the closet or something.

3. Rain

Rain Producer

4. Tom Johnson

I was just thinking, if she likes it, cool. If she hates it, maybe I'll get the other arm done too!

5. Henry Gale

Henry Gale Producer

If you got your body art last Tuesday doesn't it still look sort of enflamed scabby awful? Why not wait 'til it's healed.

Jim

I have no identifying marks, that still seems important to me.

6. Jon_W

Jon_W Stunt Coordinator

Rain truer words have never been spoken. It is almost laughable how is things are after getting out of that dam closet.[​IMG]

7. Tom Johnson

Jim, it never really bled or scabbed. I tend to heal pretty quickly. It's been a week know and the skin is still flaking a bit, like a mild sun burn. I think the itching from healing is worse than the needle was. Bottom line is, she went ballistic when she saw it. My kids thought it was really cool. My 9 yr. old daughter especially liked it. My 6 year old wants to get one and my 12 year old son was pretty much indifferent. Then again 12 year olds are usually indeifferent to everything unless it involves playstation 2 or dragon ball z.

8. Max Knight

Max Knight Supporting Actor

Well Tom, I hope she can grow to like it.

My fiancee (soon to be wife... 2 month count down, freaking out now!) likes my tattoo, and for quite a while (about a year) was seriously considering getting one herself. She drew up a beautiful picture of a rather tribal style butterfly with a gorgeous deep red body that faded to black towards the wings. I think she would have looked fantastic with it (she was thinking of having it done on her lower back right above the panty line), but eventually she decided that she didn't want a tattoo.

At any rate, the tattoo is part of you now, and she can learn to love it (or at least not mind it).

9. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    I've wanted a Tat for awhile now. Told my wife last night, again, that I wanted to get one.
    She was inshock and cannot figure out why I throw her curve balls like this every now and then. Her response was, "as long as I am there when you get it, no problem."
    She also said, I'm pretty understanding, after all, how many wifes let their husbands use an entire room in the house for a HT. Esp., when you have a 3 bedroom and 1 child.
    Yeah, my wife is way cool[​IMG]
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

10. Tom Johnson

Ron, come up with a design that you like and go for it. You will be much more satisfied with your own design rather than going with flash.