What's new

Press Release BREAKING NEWS: Paramount Pictures Launches “Paramount Presents” Label (1 Viewer)

DigniT@DigniT!

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kent
I'm waiting for another one never on DVD or Blu-Ray (and I don't even think it's been on VHS) - St. Louis Blues (1958).
I CONCUR! A beautiful black and white Black musical biography of W C HANDY shot in VistaVisioN circa 1958 with a who's who of Black musical royalty... Nat"King" Cole, Eartha Kitt, Ela Fitzgerald, Pearl Bailey, Cab Calloway, and the incomparable Mahalia Jackson! With Ruby Dee, Juano Hernandez, and a young Billy Preston as young WC Handy. It may be fact-based fiction but it is WONDERFUL ENTERTAINMENT. This film, along with STORMY WEATHER, CABIN IN THE SKY, and THE DUKE IS TOPS are essential records of entertainers long gone, but who had a huge impact on American and World music and culture. The more access we and future generations have to their work, the better! I hope that Paramount will do right by this film or else offer it to Criterion but we need a release... and while we're at it... WARNER ARCHIVE, can we ever have CABIN IN THE SKY on Blu-Ray? Hope. Springs. Eternal.

cda1143

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Ragtime has been HD on iTunes for quite a while. I haven't looked at it. Anyone seen the iTunes version?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Ragtime has been HD on iTunes for quite a while. I haven't looked at it. Anyone seen the iTunes version?

I have it. I forgot what it looks like. If you need to know I’ll be happy to spot-check it

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I have it. I forgot what it looks like. If you need to know I’ll be happy to spot-check it
Yeah, I purchased back in 2019, after a price drop from $12.99 to $4.99, but like Ron have forgotten what it looks like.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Amazon has finally listed "Ragtime" LE Blu-ray on November 16th.

So are we expecting a new transfer (and maybe 4K?) to show up for our iTunes copies?

I only bought mine the last time it dropped to $5 I think, but haven't gotten around to watch it yet...

_Man_

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So are we expecting a new transfer (and maybe 4K?) to show up for our iTunes copies?

I only bought mine the last time it dropped to $5 I think, but haven't gotten around to watch it yet...

_Man_
The following from Amazon's synopsis about this upcoming release:

Newly remastered from a 4K film transfer for its 40th Anniversary,

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
The following from Amazon's synopsis about this upcoming release:

I love RAGTIME. It's a wonderful pastiche of turn-of-the-century New York City (and parts of Westchester County). The novel was more judicious in how it allotted its time to the many sub-plots, while the film zeroes in on one in particular (Coalhouse Walker's pursuit of justice) in the second half. Still, the book was massive and could not have been presented fairly on film except as a t.v. miniseries or something. Absolutely great Randy Newman score, in the vein of Hamlisch's THE STING, which was an adopted score based on Scott Joplin, whereas Newman's work is his original. The performances here are picture-perfect, including the iconic return -- coming out of retirement after 13 years -- of James Cagney as the police comissioner of New York. A must-see!!

Last edited:

Justin Ray

Second Unit
Real Name
Justin Ray
Does anyone know if Paramount plans to continue this collection in 2022? Kind of weird they haven't announced any new Paramount Plus titles for January 2022...

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Does anyone know if Paramount plans to continue this collection in 2022? Kind of weird they haven't announced any new Paramount Plus titles for January 2022...

Nothing has been leaked out. I would assume so, however. The only thing that would halt the program is lackluster sales.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
There were postings that Ordinary People might be released this coming Spring, and based on the price, might be part of this line. However, nothing is official until it is.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Released on DVD in 2.55 AR and 4.0 sound in 2006, Ring of Fear Blu-ray would be nice. Also The High And The Mighty, Hondo in 3D, Island In The Sky with 4.0 sound and Man In The Vault

1639518715955.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks