JoeDoakes

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Real Name
Ray
In case no one mentioned it, a new 4K of Chinatown, and from my long running wish list, The Parallax View.

Big Gay Andy

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Real Name
Andy Powell
As an Ingrid Bergman fanatic, here's hoping for A Woman Called Golda. As a Barbra Streisand fanatic, On A Clear Day You Can See Forever (in STEREO, fer gawd's sakes!!!). And as a Bette Midler fanatic, The First Wives Club.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Reaction score
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Will this mean Paramount will finally release "Looking for Mr. Goodbar" and "Little Darlings"? I won't hold my breath, as they are known not to pay for the music rights. Plus the high demand for "Friday the 13th Part 3" blu ray 3D, not the red and blue glasses version. Again I won't hold my breath.
Tyson,

Welcome to our forum.

For some reason, "Looking for Mr. Goodbar" has been a tough one.

I have never seen this film. However, I know from years of reading this forum that it is one of the most requested Paramount catalog titles. There is something to do with the rights to this film that has prevented it from surfacing.

There are a lot more people here that know more about this film than I do so I hope they will offer their expert thoughts.

However, as an outsider, this film has been a tough nut to crack.

battlebeast

Producer
Reaction score
Website
www.oscarmovs.com
Real Name
Warren
As an Ingrid Bergman fanatic, here's hoping for A Woman Called Golda. As a Barbra Streisand fanatic, On A Clear Day You Can See Forever (in STEREO, fer gawd's sakes!!!). And as a Bette Midler fanatic, The First Wives Club.
Great film!

JimmyWilson

Agent
Reaction score
Sounds very promising! I also would love to see the Martin & Lewis collections 1 & 2 on blu-ray along with the Lewis solo films!

Last edited:
Reactions: Kyrsten Brad

Kyrsten Brad

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Real Name
Brad
Tyson,

Welcome to our forum.

I have never seen this film. However, I know from years of reading this forum that it is one of the most requested Paramount catalog titles. There is something to do with the rights to this film that has prevented it from surfacing.

There are a lot more people here that know more about this film than I do so I hope they will offer their expert thoughts.

I remember hearing a couple of interesting tidbits about Looking For Mr. Goodbar (1977). One by none other than Casey Kasem on the old American Top 40 radio show (I heard it way back then but details are a little fuzzy and nothing on the Net). He described how some musical concern (artist, record company, producer, I'm not sure which) chose this film for their product (LFMG did a respectable box office from what I understand) choosing this film over another candidate. The movie they turned down was, get this, the super megahit Saturday Night Fever (1977).

Reactions: PMF and Lasermanfan

Kyrsten Brad

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Real Name
Brad
Sounds very promising! I also would love to see the Martin & Lewis collections 1 & 2 on blu-ray along with the Lewis solo films!
As would I. I'd really like the film My Friend Irma (1949) to make it to Blu. This film has the distinction of actually introducing the Martin & Lewis duo to the nation.

Osato

Producer
Reaction score
Any news on the Airplane! Release?

june?

there is a tcm event in June too.

Osato

Producer
Reaction score
Doubtful Paramount will dig into the vault too deep for this label. They produced a few titles on Laserdisc back in the day and lost interest very quickly.
airplane is coming though. It was in the original announcement!!

Reactions: Tony Bensley

filmnoirguy

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Real Name
Lon Cross
I'm hoping for two Paramount favorites---A Place in the Sun and Hud on Blu-ray. Already have my all-time favorite Paramount production---Sunset Blvd on Blu.

Reactions: PMF and battlebeast

Reggie W

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I'm hoping for two Paramount favorites---A Place in the Sun and Hud on Blu-ray. Already have my all-time favorite Paramount production---Sunset Blvd on Blu.
I thought I heard or read that Criterion possibly have both Hud and A Place in the Sun.

Lasermanfan

Auditioning
Reaction score
Real Name
Tyson
Tyson,

Welcome to our forum.

I have what looks like the last VHS Paramount released of this movie. Back cover says the tape is from 2000. DVD was just starting to take over, I would think Paramount would of released it on DVD back then. I heard Paramount does not want to pay for the music clearances, which is the same for "Little Darlings". The last VHS of Little Darlings, some of the music was changed.

Kyrsten Brad

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Real Name
Brad
I have what looks like the last VHS Paramount released of this movie. Back cover says the tape is from 2000. DVD was just starting to take over, I would think Paramount would of released it on DVD back then. I heard Paramount does not want to pay for the music clearances, which is the same for "Little Darlings". The last VHS of Little Darlings, some of the music was changed.
Just FYI, Little Darlings (1980) is available via streaming from a couple services I know of ( the A&P (Amazon Prime) and VUDU), all with the correct music.

PMF

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Philip
DAY ONE PURCHASES:

A Place in the Sun
Chinatown (4K restoration)
The Elephant Man
The Greatest Show on Earth
Hud
Ordinary People
Ragtime
Roman Holiday
Romeo & Juliet (1968)
The Rose Tattoo

Honorable Mentions:
Going My Way (new transfer, please)

Last edited:

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Reaction score
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I remember hearing a couple of interesting tidbits about Looking For Mr. Goodbar (1977). One by none other than Casey Kasem on the old American Top 40 radio show (I heard it way back then but details are a little fuzzy and nothing on the Net). He described how some musical concern (artist, record company, producer, I'm not sure which) chose this film for their product (LFMG did a respectable box office from what I understand) choosing this film over another candidate. The movie they turned down was, get this, the super megahit Saturday Night Fever (1977).
Seesm to me that if Paramount were to strike the sweet spot for a rights price on the music, they could get Goodbar released, since the majority of the music is now owned by UMG [Motown, Casablanca, etc.].

Reactions: MatthewA and PMF

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JP2