What's new

Breaking in a RPTV? (1 Viewer)

Chris Chang

Stunt Coordinator
I want to have Gregg come calibrate my HDTV in Feb/Mar and I keep hearing that before you have an ISF calibration done, it's best to have at least used it 100 hours or more. Seeing as how I usually only watch DVDs on the weekend, I won't be anywhere near this mark before then. I also don't want to have the calibration done and then have the convergence start drifting (Does this actually happen?). I could wait, but I'd rather just have the calibration done ASAP instead of waiting. Is this a total non-issue or is it actually something to worry about?

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
You can just leave the set on for a few days. Make sure there aren't any static images, and you'll be all set. Or better yet, just leave a neutral gray screen up for a few days...

Chris Chang

Stunt Coordinator
I guess I could leave HBO on some nights before I go to bed. Leaving it on for extended periods doesn't cause damage?

Mike I

Supporting Actor
The main reason for not having a set calibrated before 100 hours is with electronics, Failure of many electronic components due to manufacturing defects usually happen within the first 100 hours ..You would not be too happy paying 500 or so dollars calibrating a set and than have to have it replaced if there was some type of failure..
The second reason is as you mentioned, convergence tends to settle down after the first 100 hours because the crts get broken in..But leaving it on for a long period of time does not really help..The process of Heating and cooling the crts by regular use of the set being turned on and off is what breaks them in..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks