What's new

Breaking Bad Season 2 (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Yeah I was thinking that as well. DJ Qualls was pretty convincing though...

That lawyer guy was great. Some might recognize him from Mr. Show alongside David Cross.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
"You make poison out of beans, yo!"

Does crime pay? You be the judge. The 2nd half of tonight's episode was hilarious.

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit

The second half was greatness. I love getting back to the Walt/Jesse dynamic after they have basically had almost seperate stories going on in the 2nd season.

My favorite exchange:

JESSE: "So what are we gonna do?"

WALT: "You said it yourself..."

JESSE: "Robots?"

:D

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I don't think I've ever seen a TV show or movie where a character's cancer remission is seen as anything less than 100% great.

If I was in Walt's position, I'd cook enough to live comfortably for the rest of my life and then retire from the business. Too bad that plan won't work for Walt.

That was hilarious.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
When he saw the reflection of the scan, I thought for sure that he was looking another persons scan.

The way they played out the scan was even better.

I still wonder about the ep that had all the evidence bag laid out by the pool and how that is going to work into the show.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Yep, another great episode.

So I was trying to psycho-analyze why Walt was so angry about the news of his cancer remission.

I guess the obvious reason is that he's just angry because he went through all of this (highly illegal) activity to take care of his family, and it turns out he might be around for a while longer. But could there be a deeper meaning? Perhaps he had accepted that it was his time, and going back to the pilot (prior to him finding out about the cancer) it seemed he wasn't all that happy with his life to begin with.

Joe_H

Screenwriter

There's also the fact that he almost died anyway over the weekend because he was in a rush to make money for his family, and as it turns out he had plenty of time left.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I was wondering if Walt installed the tankless water heater correctly in terms of making sure there was a return flue (that was up to code) because I had thought about tankless when replacing my water heater in 2007, and it would have required more work done to my house to get the requisite piping in place.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Yeah when he was doing that work I was on edge waiting for the house to blow.

Another good ep.

Walt really likes his new persona and doesn't want to give it up.

The scenes in the home center and outside were great.

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit

I think the tankless water heater will most definitly play some part in the accident.

I was actually looking at them at Lowe's last night, and there are a ton of warnings plastered all over them about how they require a professional installation because of the special installation issues and the calibration of the gas line load.

In order to do that, you must be able to calculate the exact line pressure load (in pressure and BTUs) of every gas-using fixture/appliance in your home, and you need to know the exact mainline load coming in from your utility.

If you were to undercalculate your total load, you could cause a big-time problem with the tankless water heater.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Pure speculation on my part, but with what's going on with the territories and such right now, could the house blowing up be some elaborate plan set up by Walt to make it look like an accident with the hot water heater, and the two body bags are actually two competing dealers? Pretty far out there I guess considering having two drug dealers killed in his own house could implicate him further, but with this show, who knows?

When is the season finale anyway?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, the season finale is May 31. I like that AMC doesn't skip a week because of a holiday (Easter or Memorial Day). Even HBO has started skipping holidays.

Eventhough everyone should know better than to do heroine, I feel bad for Jesse.

Thanks to Breaking Bad, I can now cook up a speedball.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
A speed ball is typically H and coke. Not sure if they call H and meth the same thing. And I'm not researching on my work PC. ;)

Jessie sure is going down the spiral. Based on the previews, just the thing he and his relapsed girlfriend need is a pile of cash. That will be shot rather quickly. Burn through the cash or death, whichever comes first.

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit
Speaking of bad things in the last episode, how bad/wrong/inappropriate was the whole "Happy birthday Mr. President" thing with Skyler?!

I was thinking that if one of my married co-workers did that to my boss, it would really creep me out.... and start lots of rumors.

htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Very creepy, even more so that she did it once before for him. My wife was saying if a girl did that in her office she'd be 'done' as far as the other women were concerned.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks