What's new

Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Weird Science Triple Dip? (1 Viewer)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Triple dip? Not going to happen! I didn't double with the James Stewart Western Collection and will not on this. Universal is in a repeat phase and needs to go back and look in their vault.

What is also irritating is that they did not announce Blu-Ray editions at the same time, so that means another release of these titles and they will expect and I am sure some people will to dip again for a fourth time.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Does anyone realize that the new 16 candles dvd will have an 11 part documentary !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!According to the picture posted on dvd active , in the news story they have about the dvd, it shows a picture of an extra feature with 11 parts. This was originally beleived to be a featurette, but with 11 parts, there is no way its a featurette , its a full length doc on sixteen candles.This is actually worth dipping again , out of the 3 titles.Maybe breakfast club too for the commentary.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

I wouldn't be too sure on that. I'm guessing that all those parts are 2-3 minute snippets. It all will probably add up to less that 30 min. There have been other DVDs like this.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Guess what??? I found a thread on imdb that says, someone looked on the bbfc site , and it says the total running time for the bonus material on 16 candles, is nearly 40 minutes long !!!!!!!!!!! Pretty decent if you ask me.

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David

Absolutely. Without a BD version, no sale from me. I've been waiting to buy these films for a long time, but I've quit buying SD (with the exception of the remaining Three Stooges Collections and the remaining seasons of Cheers, whenever these are released).

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

I'm excited for the commentary track. I am however disappointed that Universal couldn't get Molly, or my favorite Ally Sheedy for the girls commentary. It would just seem more balanced, and I'd love to hear the girls thoughts on TBC.
I'm sure this edition will be great but it's just weird it's been released so many times, and I still feel like we are going to be missing something:frowning:

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Triple Dip is not going to happen here. While I enjoy these films and always have a great laugh with “Sixteen Candles,” I am tired of the same films being re-packaged all the time. While the extras are interesting, none of them make me want to have to have this.

I do want other films that have not seen the light of DVD yet or a repackage of poor released title such as “Matinee” and I know if I keep re-buying titles that Universal will continue to find new ways to release these titles again and again. The James Stewart Western collection was just a repackage of previously releases titles except “The Far Country” was presented in its OAR. I know of several friends that picked it up just for that fact. Their single DVD copies of those films ended up being given away.

Paramount is another company that continues to re-package titles. How many versions of “Grease” and “Footloose” are there? At least they made a small deal with Legend to let some of their titles see the light of day.

If we continue to support re-packaging of titles, then we will never get to some of the gems that stay locked up. All of this of course is IMO and do not wish to push my thoughts on anyone else, I just wanted to rant about re-packaging when It really is not necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks