What's new

Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Weird Science Triple Dip? (1 Viewer)

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Thanks for the info!

Can't say that a missing random half of one line would prevent me from picking up a good special edition set. . .

Matt M

Grip
According to the website, they appear to be a repackaging of the existing discs.

homevideo.universalstudios.com/details.php?childId=35683

Chris Parham

Stunt Coordinator
Not to nitpick! As it's been a 100 years since I saw these, I may be wrong, but I have always remembered the line as being " Anything more than a handful, and you're risking a sprained THUMB" accompanied by AMH making a cupping gesture with his hands and wiggling his thumbs. In my youth, I'd used the line many times and it does make more sense this way!;)

Chris Bergmann

Second Unit

So the only new "extras" will be:

Brat Pack Collection CD
Collectible 3-Ring Binder Packaging

I guess the CD is a collection of the songs from the movies.

That's a shame. I enjoyed Hughes' commentary on Ferris Bueller, and I wish he would do then on some more of his films, especially The Breakfast Club, and Planes, Trains & Automobiles.

Patrick.C

Second Unit
The packaging is up at DVDanswers. I like the binder, but the art itself is craptastic. It also lists a music CD of "80's hits" but doesn't say if they're from the soundtracks or just random songs.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member

I would be very surprised if this is true since they were just redone and look about as good as one could expect for their age/source, etc.

Eric Emma

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Eric H. Emma
I'm going preorder it for 27 bucks off Amazon.com because if I was to buy it now seperately it'd be like 47 dollars, it's a good deal for first time buyer but definately not worthy for people to double dip and certainly not triple dip.

Chris Parham

Stunt Coordinator
I've always remembered the line as thumb but Aaron say's he's seen it a million times and that it is unquestionably tongue. I guess I'll have to buy it to check. My wife will understand.;)

Patrick.C

Second Unit

That alone will make it worth the double dip (though I will probably wait until the Blu release). Too bad they couldn't get a few more members of the cast like Ringwald or Sheedy.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Still no theatrical trailer for "Sixteen Candles" I see. Since "Breakfast Club" is my absolute favorite of the bunch, I'll definitely triple dip only to hear the commentary. I'll stick with my existing editions of the other two.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
I've seen both the long and the short trailer for SIXTEEN CANDLES, and they are riddled with music cues. I cannot say that I'm not upset at their omission from all the DVD releases of the movie, but I understand why.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member

Great news. Breakfast Club commentary plus extras=:) Can't wait for these. Including my HD dvd of BC, this will be the 4th time I will buy it.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Breakfast Club is the best. I'm just surprised that the ever elusive deleted scenes aren't included.....again! Apparently Hughes has over 40 minutes of extra scenes, two snippets of them can be found in the theatrical trailer. Oh well, still happy for the commentary.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks