What's new

Breakfast Club re-release on Sept 2???!! (1 Viewer)

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
The DVD gods have answered my prayers!! Breakfast Club, Three O'Clock High, Sixteen Candles & Weird Science!! Somebody pinch me.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
still no specs? are these barebones?
I doutn it. It doesn't make much sense to take DVDs of the market, then put identical ones on several months later. Unless they just have new transfers. At any rate, I doubt these are same discs as before.

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Did the original releases of the Hughes Movies have their original soundtracks restored? I know that the VHS I have of Weird Science replaced Pretty Woman (in the mall) and the Rocky Theme (at the end) with the WS theme song.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
The three John Hughes brat pack movies have remixed DTS tracks.

Three O'Clock High is DD 2.0 Surround.

As for other extras... anyone??

Dan

Aaron_Brez

Supporting Actor
Did the original releases of the Hughes Movies have their original soundtracks restored? I know that the VHS I have of Weird Science replaced Pretty Woman (in the mall) and the Rocky Theme (at the end) with the WS theme song.
Nope. The DVD soundtracks were the same as the VHS: Pretty Woman and Rocky were missing. Here's hoping the new versions restore the soundtrack!!!!

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
Can't say I really like the "High School Reunion" banner at the top, but the original artwork is good except the font for The Breakfast Club.

Are these the rumored SE's or Image re-releases?

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
are these barebones?
Essentially, yes. According to menu screen shots posted at DavisDVD, extras on all the Hughes re-releases are limited to "Recommendations" (i.e. covers of other Universal DVDs) and the film's trailer, except for Sixteen Candles which doesn't even include its trailer.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
Bummer. There would be such an audience for special editions of these films. They were such a huge part of my generation's formative years. Dang it.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Weird Science and Breakfast Club really need a reunion commentary.
At least have a reunion Doc on Breakfast club and a Reunion commentary on Weird Science.
Love to hear Bill paxton now, about Chet back then

TomF

Stunt Coordinator
Any word on whether Sixteen Candles has all of the original music restored? I'd guess not, but one can at least hope...

James L White

Supporting Actor
Essentially, yes. According to menu screen shots posted at DavisDVD, extras on all the Hughes re-releases are limited to "Recommendations" (i.e. covers of other Universal DVDs) and the film's trailer, except for Sixteen Candles which doesn't even include its trailer
You mean we've waited through all the delays for crappy barebone DVDs?:angry: Boo Hiss Universal :thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks