Break-In for Panny 53tw53 RPTV?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by KevinFord, Aug 18, 2003.

1. KevinFord

KevinFord Stunt Coordinator

Is there such a thing as a break-in period for an RPTV?

My Panny 53tw53 manual says to not adjust the convergence during the first 20 minutes of viewing.

Why would this be?

Is there anything else I should do until my pre-ordered Digital Video Essentials disk arrives? I've set my contrast (picture) down to 10, and brightness up around 40. The rest of the settings I left at the defaults.

Kevin

2. joey mr

joey mr Stunt Coordinator

they tell you to wait because it takes that amount of time for the crts to warm up and the best time to do a full convergance is after a hundred hours [​IMG]

ps i saw the set it is very nice indeed but had trouble was getting use to the just mode [​IMG]

3. KevinFord

Joey,

Thanks for the reply. In between writing my post and reading your reply, I let the set warm up for about an hour and then did the 9 point convergence setup. I guess that violated the point of me asking the question, considering I wasn't patient enough to wait for the response. [​IMG]

Could you explain to me why 100 hours is the magic number? I probably have 10-15 hours on this set. Should I reset it to default and wait for 100 hours? I've watched approximately 3 hours since I did the convergence.

Thanks for your info.

Kevin

4. joey mr

no no you are fine the reason i say a 100 hours is that it takes that amount of time for the convergence to stop drifting and settle in [​IMG] because the first hundred hours the convergence will drift and after that it will settle down and you will not have to converge as many times as from the begining

and 100 hours is also the magic point for the crts to break in also[​IMG]

5. KevinFord

Phew,

Thanks for the info.

I didn't break in my VW properly and it's been a piece of garbage ever since (don't know if that's related or not, but I'm cautious now). Come to think about it, I'm dropping it off today for a new throttle body and it had a new mass air flow sensor installed last week.

Well anyway, thanks again for the info. Also, is it common for the plastic screen shield to flex such that light reflections are in a "wave" pattern. When I look at the reflections on the screen, they bend as the screen shield bends. Is this normal, or is my screen shield warped at the corners? I know the obvious solution is to remove the source of light causing the reflection (Working on that).

6. joey mr

that is correct [​IMG]

7. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter