What's new

Bravo's Celebrity Poker Showdown: Season 2 - it's back! (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Tonight is the start of Bravo's Celebrity Poker Showdown Season 2, 9 p.m. EDT, with plenty of reruns all through the week (check your local listings).

Here's the link to Bravo's webpage on the show.

It's now 2 hours, hosted by Dave Foley and Phil Gordon.

Tonight's table features:

Jerome Bettis
Rosario Dawson
Mena Suvari
Wanda Sykes
Travis Tritt

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
That is a wierd combination, indeed. Since all my regular Thursday shows are rerun, I will try to catch this.

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning
That show was horrible...I was so hoping someone would whack that loudmouth so I wouldn't have to hear her anymore. I wanted to see more card playing.

The next time she makes me laugh will be the first time.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
To me it was almost like The Hollywood Squares of poker! What "celebrities?" I watched until Seinfeld reruns came on locally.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm just glad we didn't have to see much of Mena's forehead...

Foley was a bit of a disappointment, here's hoping he gets better, but I'll "check" on that bet.

Rosario got pretty lucky in the out-draws. She had to have learned some poker playing if she was hanging with Ed Norton in "25th Hour" (just assuming the cast play poker during down times).

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
I don't think I've screamed "BET!" and "RAISE!" at my TV that often (or loudly) in my lifetime. Too much passive play, but I did think Wanda was pretty funny. Her Charlie Pride joke made me spit beverage. :D

Brad

NolanJ

Second Unit
I sure would like to play Bettis in a high stakes game ;)

He sure looked like dead money to me!

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I don't normally like Wanda, but I thought she was great for the humor quotient on this one. Foley was a disappointment, but I'm hoping he's going to settle on a groove.

Mena surprised me with generally good play, but she was far too funny looking with her stone face.

Here's to James Woods next week. He should be some fun.

DanielCo

Stunt Coordinator
I just love watching poker on TV. ESPN and Fox and Travel Channel. I just can't wait for Animal Planet poker next season. "The chicken has 8 9 suited but does he have the gizzard to call the hamster"

Or Law and Order, SPE (special poker edition)

Maybe over on the 700 Club we can have "Poker for Jesus"

Court TV could put 7 convicts in a room and have them bet days off their sentence "Chuck you murdered 5 people, but you can get out in 10 years if you make that straight"

Overexposure I can take (and I say that before ESPN's 25 hours - not including repeats, of the World Series 2004). But watching amateurs who don't know if a flush beats a straight or how when to turn over their hands is too much for my little mind to handle.

Although, I am ready for the Playboy Channel's take on the game...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
6/3/04

Sometimes, it's just your night. There were some painful suckouts in tonight's episode.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Yep, but Dule' did not play that many bad hands, really only one that stood out to me as real bad. The rest was just him having an OK hand and the big stack and feeling like he could gamble a little and getting stupid cards on the flop, turn and the river.

I missed the first episode but was Foley any better than last time? I sure liked Kevin Pollack better and I usually like Dave Foley. He just seemed a little too manic and trying too hard.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
James Woods must still be kicking himself for laying down A-J on that crucial hand that could have tripled him up.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Kind of a boring night compared to last week's.

I don't really like James Woods and I thought it was 'cause of his roles in the movies.

Danny was pretty boring as well.

Beginner's luck 2 weeks in a row?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Tonight's was pretty entertaining (Matthew Perry, Sean Astin, Chris Masterson, Sara Rue, and Lauren Graham). Lauren was ferocious, no one had a chance against her. Loved her aggressive playing style. The banter was also entertaining.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
(Sorry to chime in late, but I've been in the hospital for two weeks).

What was up with Daniel Baldwin? I thought his substance abuse years were behind him. He seemed totally whacked out on cocaine. It was interesting to see him go up against his Vampires co-star James Woods. I watch the WPT religously and I often see Woods (and Norm MacDonald, Ben Affleck, and Sara Silverman) as one of the competitors. Maybe one day we'll see Woods at a final table on WPT.

I have a question: Is there some sort of law that says celebrities can only be contestants in "game shows" if they give their paultry winnings to charity? I say let's have a Celebrity Poker Tournament where everyone has to throw in $5,000 of their own money. Maybe we'd get better celebrity poker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks