Bravo D1 resolution and Panasonic L300U projector

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Stephen Hopkins, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

I have a Panasonic L300U on the way. I also have a Bravo D1 DVI DVD Player. I've been reading up on the custom resolutions and timings to get these two items to work properly together. The three timing/resolutions theyhave listed in the FAQ regarding the subject have resolutions of 856x480, 1072x600, and 1280x768. Can I use the native resolution of the projector (960x540)? If so, what would be the values of all the other timing and sync settings? Or should I just use one of the three listed by VINC? If so, which one?

Thanks [​IMG]

2. Thomas Willard

Thomas Willard Stunt Coordinator

I have been using my Panasonic PT-L300U for six months now using component input from a low end Panasonic DVD player (S35). Since the resolution of the 300U is 540 lines and this is more than a DVD player can provide, I will be curious to see if you see any improvement using a DVI connection instead of the component connection.

When I am watching HDTV with 1080i, the image I get from the 300U is outstanding. I know I am not watching the full potential of the 1080i signal, but the image is so great I don't know how much better it would be with a projector with 1080p output. I suppose such a projector will be on the market in three years, but until then I am very happy with the job my 300U does.

let us know how you like the 300U and your Bravo DVD player.

3. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

I'm just wondering if I should send the 480p to the projector and let it scale to the native resolution, let the player scale to 720p then let the projector re-scale to the native resolution, 1080i then re-scale, or if there's a way (i know there is, just don't know the timing and sync settings) to let the bravo scale to the projectors native resolution.

Thanks [​IMG]