What's new

Bravo channel goes gay in July ;-) (1 Viewer)

Michael Allred

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Next month, the Bravo channel will air two new series, both being very gay-centric.

First up is a gay dating show similar to ABC's "The Bachelor". The lucky fella is a handsome lawyer in his early 30's (saw his picture in a recent "Entertainment Weekly") who has a slew of guys to choose from. The catch is....some of them are straight! The audience will know who's who, the bachelor won't.

I know what you're wondering, what happens if the gay bachelor (for lack of a better term) chooses a straight guy? Well, hetero boy wins money. The bachelor? They didn't say what happens, maybe someone else knows? Anyway, if things go right and he picks a fellow fairy (I'm gay, I can say that so nyah!) they get whisked off to a romantic hide-a-way.

The other show Bravo is airing (and has the best chance for belly laughs) has 5 (or 6?) gay men (all appararently some kind of fashion know-it-alls) making over straight men. I can hear it now...."Ok, this is how you correctly wax your chest."

I dunno, I'll give 'em both a shot to entertain me. Personally, I'm pleased that we're getting to the point where gay people have all the opportunities to make fools of themselves on national TV as straight people do. :) MTV's "Taildaters" also will feature gay dates on occasion. Of course, *I* would never do one of those shows and when I see a really good looking guy on them, I always think "Oh please, somebody like you can get whomever they want, you don't need to be matched up. Me on the other hand....."

Ike

Screenwriter
Bravo has always featured a lot of gay themed programs. They had the series about gay weddings, and they also had a special on gay films a while back that was quite entertaining.

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
who has a slew of guys to choose from. The catch is....some of them are straight! The audience will know who's who, the bachelor won't.
Bravo deserves credit for putting this programming on.. but.. isn't this gimmick in really bad taste? I mean, if a straight-based love show pulled something like this, it would receive quite a lot of criticism.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks