What's new

Braveheart deleted scene? (1 Viewer)

Josh Pounds

Stunt Coordinator
A couple of weeks ago, USA (I think) ran Braveheart. I had it on in the background and I was casually watching it, and I noticed something rather peculiar. During the moments before that lord person slits Murron's throat, he has a little talk with her. He says something to the effect of "I would pursue you too". I never remembered seeing this on the DVD. I checked...and sure enough, it's not. My question is....why? Are these scenes available anywhere on DVD?

Damien Montanile

Stunt Coordinator
for some reason USA (and other networks) seems to like to do this now and again. Over the years a remember watching a handful of movies that I knew inside and out and seeing never deleted scenes edited back into movies (Friday and Goonies come to mind). One of the reasons I can think of for them doing this is to make up for shortcomings in time, either by cutting out inappropriate footage or just wanting to fill a time slot...then again this is just a guess.

-Damien

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Some of the deleted footage that is deemed appropriate for all audiences is usually saved for television airings. Albeit you get to see these new sequences, you lose footage as well. For Braveheart, the single day run omits some of the graphic footage and nudity so to pad out the running time, less graphic deleted scenes are re-inserted into the film. Braveheart also had a two night run for the network broadcast premiere on NBC, to keep the film padded for 2 two hour spots, NBC was given a special television cut of the film with graphic violence and nudity removed and less offensive scenes added back in to pad out the time.

This happens a lot for some films, like Halloween. The television cut features some new scenes but these were included because the edited version of the film was not long enough for a two hour slot. The same goes for The Naked Gun, you lose most of the statue on the ledge gag in exchange for some "new" scenes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks