1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Brave New World?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Sam Favate, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Lead Actor

Sam Favate
    Was the 1980 TV movie (or mini-series) Brave New World ever released on DVD? I don't see a record of it, but I could have missed it. I have only vague memories of it, having last seen it when it premiered.

Here is the IMDB link to the show: http://imdb.com/title/tt0080468/

2. AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney Cinematographer

I don't think so.

If if were ever to see the light of day, I'd hope the studio would re-instate all the footage that NBC trimmed out. It was originally to have been a 3-hour presentation, but NBC cut it down to two hours (my information comes from a vintage Starlog or Fantastic Films piece I recall reading a couple of years back).

3. DwayneH

DwayneH Stunt Coordinator

That was a great show and I have been hoping for it to be released. I remember seeing it when it was first on tv and it was shown in two parts. Each was 2 hours so the three hours uncut would be correct. Later it was repeated in a shorter time period and I was going to record it but it was cut down so bad I could not watch it. Never seen it listed again. Of course I never thought Wild Palms would come out and here it is. Maybe someone will remember Brave New World and put it out also.