Brave New World?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Sam Favate, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Producer

Feb 3, 2004
    Sam Favate
    Was the 1980 TV movie (or mini-series) Brave New World ever released on DVD? I don't see a record of it, but I could have missed it. I have only vague memories of it, having last seen it when it premiered.

Here is the IMDB link to the show:
  2. AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney Cinematographer

Apr 2, 2004
    I don't think so.

If if were ever to see the light of day, I'd hope the studio would re-instate all the footage that NBC trimmed out. It was originally to have been a 3-hour presentation, but NBC cut it down to two hours (my information comes from a vintage Starlog or Fantastic Films piece I recall reading a couple of years back).
  3. DwayneH

DwayneH Stunt Coordinator

Aug 26, 2005
    That was a great show and I have been hoping for it to be released. I remember seeing it when it was first on tv and it was shown in two parts. Each was 2 hours so the three hours uncut would be correct. Later it was repeated in a shorter time period and I was going to record it but it was cut down so bad I could not watch it. Never seen it listed again. Of course I never thought Wild Palms would come out and here it is. Maybe someone will remember Brave New World and put it out also.