What's new

Brand New Polk-PSW202 for $150, should I get it? (1 Viewer)

Ron Daily

Grip
Mikey, In my opnion the 202 is a great little sub for the money. You may even be able to find one cheaper than that on ebay. I bought one new in the box off of ebay for $129 plus shipping. Ron

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
I would say no. I owned a PSW202 for 6 months or so and then decided to do away w/ it.

Here's my analysis of your current situation:
--------------------

1) Sound point: The sub is very muffled and boomy. It also seemed slow for the bass. IMO, you might be able to find a good deal on the Polk RTi speakers which would be decent for the money. But I would avoid their subs.

2) Price point: $150 is pretty much the going rate for this sub. I sold mine for about that w/ shipping included. If you do a search for Polk subs, you probably will find the thread w/ the recommendations for sub $200 subs and how the Polk subs are definitely not where you want to put the said $200.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Well Ernest I have to disagree somewhat. There subs aren't the MOST defined but for $150 what in the world do you expect? I have the Polk Audio PSW250 which is basically the same thing and it sounds a little better than the 202 I think but for the money I don't know how much better you can do. You have to remember that for $150 a sub like that isn't bad at all, better than most i've seen for the price.

Ernest Yee

Supporting Actor
Wasn't that Sony sub highly rated? I think that would do better. And aren't Adire Ravas about at the $200 price point?

John:Tam

Auditioning
If you live near Fry's, the PSW202 sometimes goes on sale for $99 or $129. Personally, I'm waiting for reviews from people about the new DLS sub from Parts Express. On sale, you can buy it for $99 and it's supposed to out-perform all the other budget subs, including the Sony.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks