What's new

brand new panasonic ct-30wc14 discoloration problem (1 Viewer)

Bill.Daily

Auditioning
*first-time poster - please let me know if i should move this message to another area*

I finally broke down and bought my new tv yesterday, and my hopes were immediatealy crushed when I powered it up and found red/green discolorations in each of the four corners of the screen. There is no nearby interference (speakers/computers/etc.), and I left it off for 12 hours and the problem is exactly the same. I also played with the geomagnetic interference settings, which had a very slight positive effect.

Any ideas of what it might be? And would I be better off seeking service or just exchanging it? It's certainly not fun to move around, but if this problem would suggest there will be more down the road, or if fixing it would be invasive to the point that more damage would be done, I'd rather just get tough and pack it back up and exchange.

Many thanks for any thoughts!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Welcome to Home Theater Forum, Dave. And, yes, exchange the unit.

If there are no unshielded speakers nearby the set, describe the rest of your room. And also describe any possible magnetic interference in adjacent rooms.

I'm moving this post to Display Devices, which is where you will get the most input.

Bill.Daily

Auditioning
Thanks very much!

There is a computer within 10 feet of the television, but I moved it out of the room and saw no difference. The same goes for a stereo system that I am using for its audio ... also moved, also no improvement. The set up is in a room over our 2 car garage, so there are no adjacent rooms, aside from a hallway about 30 feet from the location of the tv.

At this point I will begin arranging to take it back and exchange it unless anyone has any other ideas or is confident that having them send service would be a good approach.

Any thought or descriptions of similar situations resolved in the past would be appreciated!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
The only thing I can think of would be any mag interference from the garage. But the mag fields generated by automobiles shouldn't be strong enough. If there's nothing else in that garage, then exchange the unit. (Does the garage have flourescent lighting?)

Bill.Daily

Auditioning
Nah, the garage doesn't have flour. lighting. Hopefully I'll have better luck with the next one, thanks for the advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks