What's new

Brand new Fry's in Vegas Baby!! (1 Viewer)

KevinFC

Stunt Coordinator
You see I have only heard of Fry's, being that I relocated to Vegas from Chicago in April. There is one finally here and I went at lunch not caring that it took 15-20min to get there. They had the Panny and Sammy DLP rptv's there. I had a bad start with the Panny at CES because it had a flicker to it, but this one was stunning. The Sammy was too! When talking to the sales person I asked her could I see DVD progressive scan content on both and she said yes with no problem at all! That was a true first for me, any other electronics store acts really pissy about it. Fry's put me in Electronice heaven with customer service and the store in genral :b. Now Ultimate finally has competition on there prices for there DLP's! When I was tring to get a better price the salesmen flat out said this is the best price because we are the only suppliers :angry:! I pointed out that BB had the Sammy but then was reminded they had the 5065 model and not the 507. All praises to FREE MARKET:D!

Sean Dayton

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks. I never knew they open one here and its not far from my house. How is the DVD selection compared to Virgin in the Forum Shops and the WOW Tower/Goodguys store selection.

KevinFC

Stunt Coordinator
All I can say is it beats out all the current stores here. And you dont have to clib over furniture like you do in RC Wiley. Since I was not concentrating on the dvd prices, that part I don't know. But looking at there prices they most be comparable to everyone else.

Sean Dayton

Stunt Coordinator
I like RC Wiley. Easy to get to, decent selection and Jeff Engelstad in the electronics dept knows his stuff and works with you on the price. I would cruise over to Frys right now and check it out but I am on my last beer of a six pack right now so I better stay put for the night.

KevinFC

Stunt Coordinator
I like RC Wiley too. But having to go through there furniture is a drag. But I agree with you...you should stay put :D.

David Lorenzo

Stunt Coordinator
Whoa :D
I've always heard of how great the Fry's stores were at pricing and volume. Thanks a lot for the heads up. I'm going there tommorow. I wish it were closer to me though.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Yeah, I saw that place last Saturday when I was on my way to a friends house to help him out with his new Sony HDTV. I noticed it from the beltway. I had no idea they were building on here in town. What exit do you get off in order to get there? (I don't live on that side of town..)

KevinFC

Stunt Coordinator
Take the 15 to the Russell exit. Then take russel to Las Vegas BLVD. Cant miss it.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Got it. Great googooly, is that a huge place or what?! I went their with my son on MLK day. Wow, do they have alot of stuff there. Decent prices, too. They have one of those BOSE rooms there :)
I also noticed that they had a "HOME THEATER" room, that had nothing but Polk Audio speakers in it, at least that's all I saw in my quick walk-through.

Juan M

Stunt Coordinator
Whoa! Did you say Fry's and customer service in the same sentence?? :eek:
In my experience it has been tough to get decent help at my local Fry's, so that was funny to read.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Well, I made my first official Fry's purchase! We bought a dishwasher!! Exciting, huh?

Whoa! Did you say Fry's and customer service in the same sentence??
It's funny you mention that. We wanted a white dishwasher. I got it home, at it was black. I took it back. "We don't have any white ones in stock. Do you want the floor model? I'll give you a discount." "Sure, you've only been open two weeks, what could possibly be wrong with it".

My original price was $449.00 He sold me the floor model for $399.00 Not bad customer serivce!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks