BRAND NEW BMW films coming end of year

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnS, Jun 7, 2002.

1. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    Just recieved an e-mail from BMW, saying that in fall of 2002, we will see brand new BMW movies.

hope this time that the when they bring out this DVD, it will be 16x9

2. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

I believe the original films were presented in 16x9. The controversy surrounding the original dvd release was the inconsistent inclusion of Wong Kar Wai's The Follow. Some had it in their dvd's, others didn't.

Looking forward to a new batch. The original series were helmed by some of the most preeminent directors today.

3. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

Double checked my disc...the 5 films are presented in widescreen.
    Interesting...in checking bmwfilms.com, Wong Kar Wai's The Follow, which used to be downloadable, is no longer listed anywhere in the site. It's like it never existed.
    Much like the original 5 shorts, the new trio of films will be executive produced by David Fincher. Clive Owen will reprise his role in all three new films. Director lineup not listed yet.
    CNET article on new trio of BMW films

4. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

I think by 16x9 he is referring to hoping they are anamorphically enhanced, which the current DVD is not.

This is very good news, as I thought the shorts were exceptional bits of action and marketing (a combo not often seen).