Brand cords prove quaility?

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by HomerSampson, Aug 21, 2003.

1. HomerSampson

HomerSampson Auditioning

Hey guys I have a simple question here. I have a philips toslink optical cable for 20bux. Is there a difference between the Moster Cable one for 30bux? Would there be noticeable difference worth spending the money when I already have one? Also what about the cheap brand coax digital cable for 10bux, would there be a differnce between the pricer Monster Cable? thanks for helping ;-)

2. ColinM

ColinM Cinematographer

1. The difference is $10

2. No

3. Possibly, because if you get TOO cheap, you risk actual build quality issues. But in reality, as long as it conducts light (optical) or electricity (coax) properly, there should be no real world difference.

In a pinch, I will use the cheapest-of-the-cheap yellow "video" cables for digital coax connections - works very well.

3. Vincent_S

Vincent_S Second Unit

You won't notice any difference between what you have and the Monster Cable one IMHO. I recently switched back over to a www.heartlandcables.com dig. coax cable from an Acoustic Research toslink optical and actually like the sound better. If you are going to stay with fiber optic I would just keep what you got.[​IMG]