What's new

Bram Stoker's Dracula Enhanced Edition - Blu-Ray release Fall 07 (1 Viewer)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
An Enhanced (Extended Cut?) Bram Stoker's Dracula looks to be in the Blu-Ray pipeline for a fall release per Zoetrope Studios.
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

http://www.zap-sf.com/

Click on the Coming Soon link

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
And this news coming straight from the horses mouth. Excellent!

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Oh yes! And who can forget the girls in the nighties, and little more, running out into the rain. Like two puppies fighting under the sheets. Only now in high def!

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Since supposedly this is a redux cut ala "The Outsiders", it has to be a new transfer!

:)

Jari K

Senior HTF Member
This is great news. I haven´t seen the film in years, so it´s almost like seeing the film in the first time from HD. Sweet! :)

Any news about the extras? I guess this was also a turbulent shoot, so I hope revealing and frank documentary.

There was an interview with Gary Oldman in latest Empire-magazine. While he admitted that there was tension between him and Coppola, he don´t have any hard feelings or anything. So I would think that he could do an interview.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Very nice at $20 too. I'd like to see an announcement with specs before doing the banana jig though. ;)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Sony has been very good with picture quality on their new transfers. In addition, this is a new cut so I'd expect it to look very nice. I'm looking very forward to it!

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

Well, its just not this release. Its Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Evil Dead II, and Halloween too. Plus whatever gets put on the docket between now and then. :)

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
FWIW - I read on another site from Paidgeek [BITES FIST] that the BD will contain the extended cut and may also contain the original cut via branching.

Good news either way.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
That would be really nice. I personally don't like the idea of only releasing director's cuts of films. There is something to be said for having the option of seeing the theaterical version of the film. For historical reasons if nothing more.

Miles

Second Unit
Darn, I haven't even had a chance to watch my Superbit version yet after upgrading from the original DVD :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks