Bram Stoker's Dracula - Delayed Again!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Eric Peterson, Nov 9, 2001.

1. Eric Peterson

Eric Peterson Cinematographer

I just read this on DVDfile.com.
    -----------
    Just a quickie... the Superbit release of The Patriot, originally due out on 12/4 along with Gattaca and Bram Stoker's Dracula has been indefinitely postponed. Stay tuned for a new street date...
    -----------
    This is the second time that I was about to sell my copy of the current version of this DVD and was stopped just in the nick of time. I absolutely love this movie and am growing very tired of the studio BS. This was the first Superbit title that I was even remotely interested in except for "Crouching Tiger..", but I already have the current DVD and it's good enough for me. Hopefully this means that they are killing the SB edition and are going to release a 2-disc Super Special Edition. I can always dream.

2. Bjoern Roy

Bjoern Roy Second Unit

Thats not how i read it.
    It said (emphasis is mine):
    "the Superbit release of The Patriot, originally due out on 12/4 along with Gattaca and Bram Stoker's Dracula has been indefinitely postponed. Stay tuned for a new street date..."
    So Patriot is delayed, not Dracula. And some of us had that suspicion weeks back when Ron posted the CTS annoncement of Dracula and Gattace SB, which didn't mention Patriot as well.
    Regards
    Bjoern
    ------------------
    "Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity" (Bullet Tooth Tony in 'Snatch')
    Bjoern's Place (my HT in action, DVD reviews, SPL measurements...) | 'Edge Enhancement' Guide

3. Tony Scello

Tony Scello Second Unit

I took this to mean that only the SuperBits version of The Patriot was delayed but not the new versions of Gattaca or Bram Stoker's Dracula. I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong but thats how I read it.

4. Eric Peterson

You might be right. If the author's English teacher were to read that sentence, they would probably have a heart attack. The longer that I look at the sentence it does sound like it's only the Patriot, but if so why would they even mention the other two titles.

5. Ricky f

Ricky f Supporting Actor

I think it is just The Patriot.

6. Bjoern Roy

Bjoern Roy Second Unit

Huh?
    "..., originally due out on 12/4 along with Gattaca and Bram Stoker's Dracula ..."
    That subsentence clarifies that Patriot was supposed to come out along with Dracula and Gattaca. They mention it, because thats the way it is. All 3 were supposed to be the second wave of SB titles.
    I don't see anything wrong with the english. Another comma behind Dracula might have helped.
    Heck, i am german, and i understood it the first time i read it. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    "Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity" (Bullet Tooth Tony in 'Snatch')
    Bjoern's Place (my HT in action, DVD reviews, SPL measurements...) | 'Edge Enhancement' Guide
    [Edited last by Bjoern Roy on November 09, 2001 at 09:27 AM]

7. Bryant Frazer

Bryant Frazer Stunt Coordinator

Bjoern, it needs a second comma to clarify what has been delayed.
    Compare this:

8. Dick

Dick Lead Actor
    Supporter

Rick
    Personally, I am more concerned about the long-rumored special edition of DRACULA. Where did that go?

9. Bjoern Roy

Bjoern Roy Second Unit

Bryant,
    as i mentioned, the comma would have clarified it.
    But the alternative that you present with the comma behind 12/4:
    "... the Superbit release of The Patriot, originally due out on 12/4, along with Gattaca and Bram Stoker's Dracula has been indefinitely postponed."
    sounds like bad sentence structure to me.
    ------------------
    [Edited last by Bjoern Roy on November 09, 2001 at 10:45 AM]

10. Mark_TS

Mark_TS Screenwriter

Q[​IMG]ersonally, I am more concerned about the long-rumored special edition of DRACULA. Where did that go...?
    A: Good question...

11. Eric Peterson

I've been waiting for the Special Edition of Dracula for well over a year now and have assumed that the Super-Bit version means that there will not be an SE coming any time soon.

12. Antonio Silva

Antonio Silva Stunt Coordinator

Give me the SE anytime. The Superbit release probably means that there won't be a SE. [​IMG]

13. Dan M

Dan M Second Unit

I would love to see a 2 disc Super Bit Dracula.
    The movie with dts on one disc with the extra material on the other disc. It would no doubt be a bit pricey but I would be willing to pay the premium for the bonus material.
    I say this because the current release is still one of the best looking and sounding disc's in my entire collection!
    Releasing another bare bones Dracula just seems a bit dissappointing to me.
    But I'll be picking it up anyway.
    ------------------

14. Shane Gralaw

Shane Gralaw Second Unit

I wouldn't be as excited about a two-disc Superbit Dracula if it meant no Coppola commentary track with the film. The disc that's out now looks and sounds great so it WILL take some pretty good supplements for me to upgrade.