What's new

Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992) - questions (1 Viewer)

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
"I was betrayed. Look at what your God has done to me!"

My favorite Dracula of the past 25 years, though being a Hammer horror fan Gary Oldman's crazed romantic doesn't hold a black candle to Christopher Lee's iconic Count, the embodiment of pure evil.

Looking forward to a long overdue special edition of Francis Coppola's Dracula, which I think has won more Oscars (3 wins out of 4 nominations) than any other 'supernatural' horror film including The Exorcist. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jim C

Second Unit

That is great news - long overdue, but I can't wait to get my hands on this :)

Regards
JC

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Sweet! Taxi Driver and The Adventures of Baron Munchausen SEs! Hopefully they have some of the Criterion LD extras.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Whaaaaaaaaat?! A new SE of Taxi Driver? Waitaminute. Eh. This announcement is for Brazil (Region 4 innit?). Might be the same Taxi Driver we have in R1.

Loved Coppola's over the top Dracula. Lots of fun. Hopefully a Blu-ray version isn't far away. ;) Ditto Taxi Driver. :D

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor

Fascinating -- is there any concrete news about this? That would be tremendous. There are scenes in the workprint not in the movie, scenes in the trailer not in the movie, etc. etc.

I do hope it's fully remastered. They've been showing it on HDNet Movies and it doesn't look much better than the Superbit release, which is okay but never looked as "super" as I hoped!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
really looking forward to this!! I've avoided the previous versions.

Maybe the Taxi Driver disk will have a restored, non-colour desaturated final reel?

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I hope we finally get the scenes that were cut like the Brides chasing Harker and Harker exploring the castle and finding the impaled bodies scenes.

David (C)

Stunt Coordinator
Nothing concrete but a member of this form did say they were doing an entire different cut of the movie in another thread. Which spark my interest in this release full on.

Oh something else – I hope Coppola’s staff remembers that BSD color scheme is based in Magenta – the Columbia transfers were color corrected to make the film appear as “normal” as possible.

darknyytt

Auditioning
Real Name
ron

Howdy there all :)

OK..so..I have been DYING for a SE of Dracula for eons now..And everyone wants to know what MIGHT this new version look like..

Well..as a primer, see if you can find "Bram Stoker's Dracula..the Film and the Legend" This book was released a short time before the movie came out and it will show you the script before shooting began. If you read this, you will see that it does NOT follow the movie at all. It has different complete scenes, and even the ending is a bit different. And if you watch what is out there NOW, and look carefully, you can see there are tons of editing flaws, in particular:

Where Harker says, "I have offended you with my ignorance Count...forgive me.." Gary Oldman, just before the fade, turns and looks RIGHT at him as if to speak something. I HAVE this scene as it was intended to be seen. Should not have been chopped like that.

The other major gufaw is when Lucy is courting the 3 gents. You see Quincy and Jack talk to each other after they intro Holmwood. In this scene Quincy is holding his hat. JUST after Holmwood trips, you see Jack hand him his hat (!) and says, "Sorry 'bout your hat Quince"...uhmm..did I MISS something here? LOL!

Now..HOW do I know all of this? (slyly grins) I happen to have a grainy bootlegged copy of the movie while it was in production..the music was different, and it was about 10-15 minutes longer. Got it from a friend many years ago and is my prized possession. >:)

I AM NOT LUNATIC I'M A SANE MAN FIGHTING FOR HIS SOULL!!!"

Dan M

Second Unit
**Well..as a primer, see if you can find "Bram Stoker's Dracula..the Film and the Legend" This book was released a short time before the movie came out and it will show you the script before shooting began**

I have this book. I remember buying it (along with a very cool t shirt) as the movie was still in theaters.

It's beautifully illustrated as well as loads of other Dracula info .

I always wanted to see those scenes also, particularly the castle scenes with Harker being chased by the Brides

Dave Simkiss

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dave Simkiss
I hate to sound like randy pan the goat boy but...
I heard that in the bootleg workprint cut - during the scene where Hopkins and Winnona are camped out side the castle - Winnona actually gets a boob out, as in fully out for all to see.

This is just a rumour I heard, if anyone can substantiate this, well lets just say I would immediately pre-order this :)

darknyytt

Auditioning
Real Name
ron

The rumor is absolutely 100 percent correct. She does indeed remove her laces and exposes her breat..and Sir Anthony suckles it.

Any other rumors ya got? LOL!

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
Hells yeah!

The Bram Stoker's Dracula: 2-Disc Special Edition is coming!

October 2nd - $24.96

Pleasepleasepleaseplease have a new cut of the film! October is turning out to be awesome for DVD releases... Blade Runner: Final Cut, Days of Heaven from Criterion, and now Dracula!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks