What's new

Brake-In Session (1 Viewer)

Shannon W

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shannon
Geze! I feel like I've been at work of the last 12 hours!
Well at least that's what it felt like. I just got my new LSi7 for the rear and I've been Playing the "Dog Meat" out of them (hooked up as my fronts).. When I first started today the speakers sounded like they were missing something. I tried every thing to fix the problem. But when it was all said and done... They came around.. I cant Waite till my LSi9 come in this week. Shannon

Guy Usher

Supporting Actor
Some people use "Pink Noise" as a sound to break in new speakers. My personal opinion is (with the exception of flexing the cones surrounds) that this is a way of getting you to "bond" with your speaker. When someone says "they sound better after they are broke in" actually means "you will get used to it"
Pink Noise uses all the spectrum and some people position the speakers face to face (about 1 inch apart so they aren't touching) and run them for 24 hours at an amp out put of 1 watt. This is load, putting them face to face and hanging towels or a bedspread over them helps. I guess if you perform this task you have to say they sound better.
It is true that some surruond material used on the drivers is stiffer than others. I have done the Pink Noise thing and . . . . ? I will say that 24 hours of pink noise is tireing.
Some old EQs have a pink noise generator, an option is "white noise" or the hiss you hear when your FM or AM tuner is between stations.:emoji_thumbsup: :thumbsdown: :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks