What's new

Brainstorm - new release (1 Viewer)

Charles_Y

Premium
Supporter
Real Name
Charles W. Yearsley Jr.
I have the older MGM release from 2000 and a sorry state of affairs that was. The lack of anamorphic enhancement right there has made this a good candidate for a revisit.

Amazon has listed a new release that addresses this issue. Great to hear! One other question, any idea if this could come to Blu Ray this year or next? I suppose at this point such a release resides in the rumor mill if at all.

Charles_Y

Premium
Supporter
Real Name
Charles W. Yearsley Jr.
Good question. I wonder if Doug Trumbull is available to oversee or maybe doesn't care to be involved. I thought he left the industry long ago.

It will be interesting to see what happens in this case.

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
If this isn't transferred with the majority of the film windowboxed center, with the sides exploding outward during the effects sequences, no sale. I'll stick with my DVD-R of the LD. But, hopefully they'll do it right. If so, consider it bought.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
It is window boxed center and then explodes out ward to widescreen anamorphic. Looks great!

SilverWook

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bill
That's great to hear!

When I saw it theatrically back in '83, even my local theater got it wrong. Their screen was set for 1:85, and the FX scenes spilled out over the curtains. :frowning:

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Jeez, what's happened to Warner Bros? Remember those stylish gatefold slipcovers they used on the 2-disc special editions? And the beautiful. original artwork that accompanied most releases, even the z-grade stuff? I miss those days. Now I pick up their stuff when I'm shopping for DVDs, take a look at the back cover, everything just feels so flimsy and bare bones and cheap I just put it back on the shelf and walk away disappointed. They may as well go back to flippers discs and cardboard snappers like in the beginning to save a bit more on costs. Its 1997 again.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I've been meaning to buy that first DVD for so long. Glad I waited. I'll be picking this up when it hits the bargain bin. Hee hee! If it had extras I'd get it sooner though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks