Braided Cat 5 speaker cables For sale 13' pair

Discussion in 'Hardware Classifieds' started by Kevin Beck, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Kevin Beck

Kevin Beck Stunt Coordinator

I have a couple sets of 12' braided, Cat 5 speaker cables for sale. I can certainly build more if the length isn't right for your system, but at the moment, I have two sets at 12'. One set is braided with the jackets on, and the other has had the outer jackets removed. I normally leave them on, as extra protection for the twisted pairs. However,..Techflex is very economical, and can be added for a minimal cost.

If you have a two channel system, and like to tweak things from time to time, or have a little bit of a noise issue. Have some fun and try a set. My experience, and the results others have reported, have all been favorable.

If you have ever thought about trying this type of cable, all you would need to do is attach a set of banana plugs, and hook them up.

Any questions, or request for pictures, just ask,...

$50.00 pair, plus shipping,...

Thanks for looking,...Kevin,...>>>--->

2. ian_u

ian_u Agent

I don't understand why one would use cat 5 for speaker cable.. cat 5 is intended for low voltage data transmission across the 24AWG wires...

3. Kevin Beck

ian_u,..
    I apologize,..I should have explained,...How the Cat five wire works as speaker cable is, not only the twisted pairs, that make up a cat 5 wire, ward off noise, but the braiding them further does as well.
    There are many different recipes of this type of cable, but all do have one thing in common. At each end of a finished cable,..each twisted pair is split. All the solid color leads are then twisted together to make one conductor, and all the dual color leads are twisted together to create the other conductor. At that point, you have a more than adequate, and sometimes, depending on the recipe used, overly large gage conductor for both leads.
    I then dress the ends up with a number of layers of glue lined heat shrink tube, cut and formed in such a way to create an accommodating pair of leads ready for spades, banana plugs, or terminals of your choice.

I hope this has shed some light, if you would like a picture, it is truly worth more than a thousand of my words, and a demo of one of these cables is worth more than any explanation I can give you.

>>>--->

4. Kevin Beck

Eric,..
    Pics and mail on the way,....
    >>>--->

5. KenWong

KenWong Stunt Coordinator

Here's a bump for cool speaker cables... and for Ian_U... before you start stating why something might not be good, why not ask them first, or even "google" it.

6. BenS

BenS Stunt Coordinator

Kevin,

Can I get some pictures of these cables also please?

7. Kevin Beck

Ben,...
    On the way,...
    >>>--->