What's new

Brady Bunch: The Complete Series coming (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
So I guess the 7 episodes without the final cast boxes (before the last break) were not fixed for this release? Bummer.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Not worth it. They replaced a bunch of my DVDs because of scratches and glue. Took them a year. uh year. 365 days. 52 weeks. 12 months. uhhhhhh year! Hahahaaha! Hell, they forgot they were supposed to replace them after the guy that handles it was replaced by someone else. But...they did eventually replace my DVDs after holding them captive. 4 ay year!!!!

*leaves satisfied point was made*

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Andrew,

That film is an annual event in our home as well. :)

I too bought the single season sets when they first came out, and I'm pleased that I did. I also own complete sets of The Brady Kids, The Brady Brides, The Variety Show, and The Bradys on DVD, as well as all of the films, including the three relatively recent releases (The Brady Bunch Movie, A Very Brady Sequel, and The Brady Bunch In the White House), with the exception of A Very Brady Christmas, which I own on VHS tape. If you have children, they will most likely love The Brady Kids, as ours do. Or, if you just love everything Brady, then you probably will as well. I watched The Brady Kids when it first aired many years ago, and am pleased I own that series on DVD.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Greg,

Hi. I've been trying to PM you, but as I am at home and use dial-up, I am having difficulty (several error messages). Anyway, the two shows you mention above, as well as The Brady Kids and the Variety Show (the latter show at least not yet in its entirety), have not been released on DVD. I believe there have been a couple hours of The Variety show released, however.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
The Family Feud All Stars (BCI or Mill Creek) has some of the Brady actors on it battling out with Petticoat Junction, Leave it to Beaver and your Hit Parade. Mike & Carol, Cindy (who is almost a knock out in 1984), Peter and Marsha, Marsha, Marsha. ;) A definite must own. Florence Henderson was extremely intelligent and quick with come backs when Richard is getting frisky. I liked that. Easy to see why her "step son" Greg was turned on by his "step mom". :p

Larry.P

Stunt Coordinator
Semi-optimistic about Neil's thumbs up. I know that CBS seriously looked at releasing Brady Kids a few years back. They were going to release it without the musical numbers, then decided against it. I'm hoping if it is indeed on the table again that it will be intact.

DaveHof2

Second Unit
Real Name
David Hofstede
moviebuff75 said:
Along with a blu Ray release of the original series!

Definitely. I know the generation that grew up with it are all 50+ like me, but it's one of the most beloved family sitcoms ever made. I think it would do very well.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
The DVDs look like they had to go back to a bunch of sources to put together the network versions. Other shows from CBS/Paramount don't have that problem.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
MatthewA said:
The DVDs look like they had to go back to a bunch of sources to put together the network versions. Other shows from CBS/Paramount don't have that problem.

That is true. Paramount did not have the complete 35mm prints, only the edited ones for syndication. In order to make them 25 minutes again for release onto DVD...they needed to patch together 35mm with 16mm, which is why the scenes go from looking fantastic, to washed out, and back to fantastic again. If Paramount were to ever release this onto BD, I would hope they could locate the original uncut 35mm prints, to source the high def transfer from.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
jim_falconer said:
That is true. Paramount did not have the complete 35mm prints, only the edited ones for syndication. In order to make them 25 minutes again for release onto DVD...they needed to patch together 35mm with 16mm, which is why the scenes go from looking fantastic, to washed out, and back to fantastic again. If Paramount were to ever release this onto BD, I would hope they could locate the original uncut 35mm prints, to source the high def transfer from.
Considering I just bought the Shag Carpet Edition DVD set, and knowing
my luck, a beautiful, Blu-ray set of The Brady Bunch ( a la Lost In Space) is probably just around the corner. And probably from well done 4K scans.

Oh and just bought new DVD storage cases from Casetopia so I can dispense with the horrid storage setup of this Shag Carpet Edition.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Kyrsten Brad said:
Oh and just bought new DVD storage cases from Casetopia so I can dispense with the horrid storage setup of this Shag Carpet Edition.
How many discs will each case hold?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks