Brady Bunch Season 3

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Greg_S_H, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    With the boxed set just around the corner (Sept. 13), I figured a thread was in order. I'm really excited to have the Grand Canyon trip! It isn't as good as the great Hawaii trip, but I still really enjoy it. I've still got about 15 episodes to go in the second season, but I should be primed and ready for more Brady a month from now!

2. ScottR

ScottR Cinematographer

I'm going to watch the three part Grand Canyon episode in one night. I love my Bradys!

3. Bryn G

Bryn G Agent

Let's just hope they have some darn extras this time around. I was really disappointed with season 2's set. [​IMG]

nyrB

4. JohnMor

JohnMor Producer

John Moreland
    I especially would like more commentaries by cast members, more than Sherwood Schwartz (no offense to SS...)

5. Amy Mormino

Amy Mormino Supporting Actor

I have a feeling we're going to be disappointed with the extras again. Hope I'm wrong, though. I thought that the ones on Season One were a good beginning, but it seems like Paramount's commitment to making extras for the show ended after that, though you'd think there would be lots of archival stuff around for this show.

6. TonyTone

TonyTone Supporting Actor

That's a pretty fast turnaround from S2 to S3 (assuming the release date still holds)!

7. Greg_S_H

Greg
    Very. I hope it means they are going to hold to the original outline of at least four seasons this year. Hopefully, they'll have time for all five.

8. Brian Himes

Brian Himes Screenwriter

Brian
    I have a feeling that we won't be geting the final season until next year. Also, Paramount might be waiting until the final set to give us some really good extras. Even if we don't get any extras, just having the enitre run of the show on DVD is going to be just fine with me. I'm not sure what new things can be said about this show. It's been talked about for years and years. Just like Star Trek.

9. Claude North

Claude North Second Unit

It's a shame Robert Reed isn't around to record commentary tracks. I've always thought it would be funny to have a commentary track in which the commentator rants and raves about what he perceives to be the show's lack of quality.

10. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Producer

I'd also like to see more cast involvement in future sets, especially Maureen McCormick.

11. Greg_S_H

Greg
    They need commentary on Hawaii. And, they could include that Travel channel special where some of the Bradys went back to Hawaii.

12. Jack Platt

Jack Platt Stunt Coordinator

Guys,

Hi! New poster! Glad to be aboard!

Is there going to be a boxed set of all three seasons as mentioned above? So far, I bought the first two Brady Bunch Season DVD's.

Jack

13. ScottR

ScottR Cinematographer

I doubt it.....I'm thinking about taking an old shoe box and making my own.

14. Jack Platt

Jack Platt Stunt Coordinator

Guys,

I don't have Season 3 yet. But I post also at the Brady Bunch Board at Sitcoms Online and frequent Brady World. com. the Grand Canyon music/box edits raise some interesting questions:

As previously posted, it is possible that this WAS the way that those three Seasons had originally aired back in September 1971. But than why would syndicated prints bother with the square fill ins? We are dealing with an approximately 7-second interlude with the squares. I had asked on Brady Bunch Boards, if Paramount were going to cut anything, they could have cut the announcment about the "tune in next week for the next episode."

I have heard that Paramount produced the DVD's from the original masters. However, you will notice that some scenes are grainier than others. In Season 1, the "Father of the Year" used a 16mm back up print when Jan and Cindy are downstairs for a drink of water, Mike and Carol checking on the kids and finding them asleep, and an extended version of the kids preparing Alice for her "skiing lesson" in the backyard. (Even TBS/Syndicate showed her at the top of the hayloft, but never showed all the prep-work of the kids getting her up on the hayloft.)

I think that Paramount took cuts from the original master tapes when the show went into syndication around summer of 1974. It is common for stations to chop out a minute of footage when a show goes into syndicate. (and continue from that point.) So IF the squares on the Grand Canyon episode were taken out from the original master tapes because the prints were in poor condition, our Paramount found the squares inappropriate for those sequences, they COULD have gone to the back up 16mm prints to restore the "Grand Canyon" episode squares. What do you think?

Jack

PS. Some posters have also suggested contact Paramount to see what the offical answer is. I will still buy Season 3, because it is to me a very minor issue.