What's new

"Brady Bunch" Season 1 Release Date: March1, 2005 (1 Viewer)

Mark Lx

Second Unit
Why'd they ever move out of that place Mike had in the pilot. Nicer house, better neighborhood (forest in the background) and four bedrooms. Greg came in from a different room when Mike and Carol came back in the middle of the night to take the kids on the honeymoon. With Alice, that's four bedrooms (and one would assume at least 2 bathrooms). The Brady "Bunch" only used four bedrooms in the new house at first.

I guess you have to lower your standard of living when you have a wife who doesn't work, cook or clean house, or parent any more than the father. They should have called it "Married With Children".

DeanC

Stunt Coordinator
They did have more than 2 bathrooms. Alice used the main floor bathroom across from the laundry room and her bedroom.

Yeah, what did Carol really do during the day when kids were in school and Mike working, and also Alice did all the cooking and housework?

Mike's office couldve been used as an extra room too.
Funny just realized, I think the boys room was a bit bigger. Wonder if any of the kids walked in on the other since they share a bathroom.

I don't remember if there was a bathroom in the attic when Gregg moved in there.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Of course, they did turn the office into a room for an episode. That was back when the ceiling in the attic was three feet tall. :) And, the parents had a bathroom in their room, but I guess that's understood.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
And the kids' bathroom never had a toilet, although Bobby miraculously flushed something in "My Brother's Keeper".

Note in "The Tattletale" that Cindy mysteriously changes clothes on the way upstairs after her lecture from Mike.

When did Alice eat?

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
I guess that, being an architect and all, Mike was able to remodel/rebuild the attic with a higher ceiling later on.;)

As far as when did Alice eat--maybe she was on a diet, given her figure...;) Okay, that was bad and probably uncalled for, but still...:laugh:

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I guess being an architect also meant being able to build a house with no correlation between the inside and outside. :)

You have to admit, that house had a lot of coverage, not the single/dual room sets you see these days.

I'd love to see the floorplan of the Brady house. Downstairs makes sense, but upstairs is still a bit of a mystery.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I understand the window on the front was a fake. The house would instantly make more sense if they had left that off.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
The syndication prints have louder music and laugh tracks on TVLAND too. Surely the producers of The Brady Bunch would've wanted you to hear all the ghostly sound effects in this episode wouldn't they? Is it possible that the effects track was turned down too low on the dvd?

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
Is there any update on Season Two's release date? Last I heard was July 12th, but that appeared to be just a rumor.

Certainly Season One sales have been strong enough to justify Paramount's aggressive release schedule for the Bunch.

Kelly McK

Auditioning

I guess I haven't posted enough yet to add the URL .. but if you google on "brady house blueprints", the first link (ibiblio.org site) will have them.

Kelly

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks