Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Matt Hough

Brad's Status Blu-ray Review
bradstatustop-1024x681.jpg

It used to be called “mid-life crisis,” but more modern sociologists have now deemed it “status anxiety”; in either case, it’s the focus of Mike White’s existential dramedy Brad’s Status.

[review]

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I'm a fan of Mike White, so this was a blind buy for me. It was a pretty decent film, but I was honestly a bit let down. I thought the music(violin) over a lot of Brad's inner monologue was annoying. I found myself disliking a lot of Brad's behavior toward his son which seemed rather cold(although I knew he loved, and wanted the best for him) in some scenes.

I guess a mid life crisis would explain a lot of his actions/thoughts. A pretty complex character. I found him to be warm, and caring, but also self centered, and envious. I really like the actor that played his son Troy, who seemed to be all heart and unaffected by the pressure of college acceptance.

with such a great wife, and son what more could Brad want? I guess I was just puzzled by some of his uneasy/jealous feelings.

The end scene of Brad's inner monologue sums up the main reason anyone should be thankful. It was powerful, and subtle.
i might watch this again, but I really should have just rented it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks