BPD1503: What do you think the max it can handle for transients?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Anthony_Gomez, Mar 12, 2002.

1. has anyone put any serious power into their 1503?

BPD sites says that it can handle 1000+ watts RMS...so how about transients like explosions in movies. How do you think it can handle the Depth charges of U571 at 2500watt explosions?

2. Rudy H

Rudy H Stunt Coordinator

What are your box sizes again? Kinda hard to judge a trash cans volume [​IMG]

3. Rudy.....you know where you can shove it! [​IMG] .
    I am not talking about the trashcan. I am talking about a single trashcan liner in a smaller can such that with 2500watts, the trach can liner willl just start to reach it's linear elastic limit[​IMG]

4. Rudy H

Rudy H Stunt Coordinator

LOL to both of you [​IMG]
    Tony, seriously what's the box size for your 1503's?
    UniBox says you'll get out of Xmax @ ~40hz in a 2cf box with 2.5kw

5. Jack, those trollsstick to you like bubble stuck to the bottom of your shoe...only the gum is more pleasant[​IMG]
    Rudy Troll:
    I am looking at if I put a single 1503 in a 16"cube with 1.5" walls. Physical volume=32.7L. Heavily stuffed=39.6L
    EffectiveQ=0.59
    with the 2500watts peak of the K2, I could hit 106.5db @20hz anochaic...not bad for a 16" cube[​IMG] ..RMS of 1000watts= a continuous [email protected]

6. Rudy H

Rudy H Stunt Coordinator

[​IMG]
    Excursion wise you'll be safe, but thermally....maybe if it's only the transient you should be okay.

7. ..damn test tones!!!

I was playing around a moment ago to see what type of volume I could get with my current system at 15hz. I was playing till the amp just started to clip...so 800-1000watts each (~105db anochaic). I was running from 15-20hz and only did this for less than 1 minute (probably 30 seconds), and I already feel queezy! I didn't really hear much, but the drivers were dancing..and I guess so were my innards!