What's new

BPD1503: What do you think the max it can handle for transients? (1 Viewer)

A

Anthony_Gomez

has anyone put any serious power into their 1503?

BPD sites says that it can handle 1000+ watts RMS...so how about transients like explosions in movies. How do you think it can handle the Depth charges of U571 at 2500watt explosions?

A

Anthony_Gomez

Rudy.....you know where you can shove it! :D .
I am not talking about the trashcan. I am talking about a single trashcan liner in a smaller can such that with 2500watts, the trach can liner willl just start to reach it's linear elastic limit:D

Rudy H

Stunt Coordinator
LOL to both of you :P
Tony, seriously what's the box size for your 1503's?
UniBox says you'll get out of Xmax @ ~40hz in a 2cf box with 2.5kw

A

Anthony_Gomez

Jack, those trollsstick to you like bubble stuck to the bottom of your shoe...only the gum is more pleasant:D
Rudy Troll:
I am looking at if I put a single 1503 in a 16"cube with 1.5" walls. Physical volume=32.7L. Heavily stuffed=39.6L
EffectiveQ=0.59
with the 2500watts peak of the K2, I could hit 106.5db @20hz anochaic...not bad for a 16" cube:) ..RMS of 1000watts= a continuous 102.6db@20hz

Rudy H

Stunt Coordinator
:frowning:
Excursion wise you'll be safe, but thermally....maybe if it's only the transient you should be okay.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I have a printout somewhere (the URL is gone) of an e-mail from Pat Morrisey to Rick C. from the PE board regarding actual Pe of the 1803. Pat said they had hammered the driver with 2000 watts for a while and it survived, so I think you'd be ok with those kinds of transients with the 1503 since it's the same motor. I think.

A

Anthony_Gomez

..damn test tones!!!

I was playing around a moment ago to see what type of volume I could get with my current system at 15hz. I was playing till the amp just started to clip...so 800-1000watts each (~105db anochaic). I was running from 15-20hz and only did this for less than 1 minute (probably 30 seconds), and I already feel queezy! I didn't really hear much, but the drivers were dancing..and I guess so were my innards!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks