What's new

Boyz N The Hood: SE due 11/6 (1 Viewer)

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Cool.
In less than 24 hours we find out that November will bring us Boyz N The Hood: SE and What's Eating Gilbert Grape DVDs.
Those and the rumoured November release of The Usual Suspects:SE makes it one helluva month.

Ivan Berisic

Stunt Coordinator
Excellent news!
"Stop cussing so mothafuckin' loud"
biggrin.gif

------------------

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Is it Criterion? The Criterion LD is very nice. The commentary is one of the best I've ever heard.
------------------
Philip Hamm
AIM: PhilBiker

Don Myles

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like I am gonna have to go see the bank manager again in November if all of these are true
wink.gif

Don

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Oh, man! I just bought the standard edition last month.
They better put some pretty damn good supplements in this one.

Jodee

Screenwriter
The timing of this kind of bums me out since Columbia JUST released in July the John Singleton box set featuring Higher Learning, Boyz, and Poetic Justice. I figured since this set was coming out they wouldn't be revisiting Boyz anytime soon so I went ahead and bought it.
So now only a month after that release they announce a SE? Why didn't they just wait on the box a few months and include the SE? Especially since the other two discs in the box have commentary tracks.
I usually don't mind upgrading but the timing on this announcement is really not very consumer-friendly.

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
I'll be interested to see what the difference between this and the Criterion laser disc is. It would be nice if the studios would relicense this stuff to Criterion for a short period so we could get all the Criterion laser discs as DVDs!
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
As far as quality, I thought the transfer was pretty good on the current version. I guess the audio could be improved. Of course, there are no extras.

DAVE B

Auditioning
Anybody heard anything official about what extras are going to be on this? I've been waiting paitiently for a re-release on this title, glad to see it's finally coming. Now if only Columbia would re-release Groundhog Day...

Robert__Q

Auditioning
hmm

this makes me think twice about selling mine after hearing about the new rls, considering this thread is from 2001.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks