Boycott cablevision AND the wiz!!!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scooter, Jul 3, 2001.

1. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    These bastards wanna sell HDTV sets....yet the parent company cablevision refuses to send HD signals down the line in most areas! Sure..they got the cablemodem business up and running...and are planning MORE costly services
    this fall..PLUS up our rates to cover the corporate purchases and upgrades.And the bastards even have fiber optic links to their stores to show off HD but refuse to offer to the subscribers of cable!!! But no upgrade to HD now or even in the near future!!!!!
    I certainly won't be buying ANYTHING from the wiz..and my yearly purchases for electronic/home theater gear averages about 5K. I encourage anyone else annoyed at this to reconsider ANY purchases in the future at any of the wiz
    stores!!
    ------------------
    "The ScootPlex2000 is the ONLY theater I screen films for review in!"
    David Manning-Critic

2. KenA

KenA Stunt Coordinator

Ken Appell
    Actually, they are currently broadcasting HDTV over the cable modem stream. They are broadcasting a few channels, including MSG. They just aren't advertising it yet.
    ------------------
    »ken«

3. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    They are not sending anything down the pike in my area nor most of the aras they serve. I have called many times to find out when they might...and no one has a clue! The thing that annoys me is that they sure got the cable modem business up and running..but refuse to offer what's already free to air! AND they have plans for more "value added" services...read: premiun...for the fall..but no HDTV! BTW..I do have an HD receiver and check it periodically.
    ------------------
    David Manning-Critic

4. Andrew V

Andrew V Stunt Coordinator

Scooter: Cablevision sends their signal as OTA. Change the Cable input on your STB and it should come in. Also if you want to call Cablevision about HD, ask to speak to a Tech. They are the only ones knowledgeable.
    These are the channels you should be receiving: MSG, Fox-Sports, HBO.
    ------------------
    ~Andrew~
    ~Pronto Programmer~
    AIM SN: FFU Productions
    ICQ #: 21603991
    Home Theater Pictures [Updated: June 22]
    Equipment List | My Growing DVD Collection

5. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    I have been scanning the OTA channels...2-69..and ain't nothin' there. The only thing ever sent was this past SuperBowl.
    ------------------
    David Manning-Critic

6. John Tillman

John Tillman Supporting Actor

Scooter,
    Cablevision was sending the signal through to the NJ system up until two months ago. A CV rep that posted on the AVS forum stated "the signal was terminated because they were able to 'tunnel' the fiber signal to the individual Wiz stores without opening the pipe to the entire system".
    I felt guilty at the time because I was enjoying Devils playoff games while NJ people were shut out. I think they left the LI system up because CV execs live on LI and probably wanted the signal at home.
    It will all flush out in a couple of months when the signal might be available for subscription.

7. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    THAT is what irks my liver!!!! That they may be considering the OTA HDTV to be a "premium" service! As far as MSG, etc. go, I could care less...they can keep'em And regards the signal sent this way up until a few months ago...I was checking for it weekly...nothing there. Must have been systems closer to NY.
    Bottom line ..cablevision/the wiz promote TV's for a service they, themselves refuse to offer!
    ------------------
    David Manning-Critic