Boy who could Fly & Curley Sue have commentaries

Discussion in 'DVD' started by JohnS, Jul 22, 2003.

1. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    went DVD shopping today and I saw that BOTH Curley Sue & Boy Who Could Fly have commentaries.
    I was surprised since their press releases didn't mention anything about having commentaries

Curley Sue has a commentary by the now grown up(22 yrs old) Alisan Porter(Curley Sue)

and

Boy Who Could Fly has a reunion commentary by Dir Nick Castle, Lucy Deakins(Milly), Jay Underwood(Eric), Bonnie Bedelia(Charlene) and Fred Savage(Louis)

curious to know if anybody has listened to either one of them

2. Derek P

Derek P Stunt Coordinator

I listened to the Curley Sue one. It was really good in the begining but towards the end she quit talking and only threw in a comment here or there. There was also a video introduction with her repeating many of the things she says in the commentary but you get to see what she looks like today(not bad [​IMG] ) Worth a listen aleast once.

3. Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen Producer

What's Allison Porter doing these days anyways? She was supposed to be the next big thing but vanished after Curly Sue. I heard the kid who played Dennis the Menace does an intro on that disc too.
    Funny story- although Curly Sue was generally successful in theatres, the one I worked at it did only fair business. One night nobody showed up for the late showing, and the manager got a phone call from the theatre's owner the next day after he'd seen the admission counts asking how this could possibly be true!

4. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

I wanna pick up The Boy Who Could Fly, but cheapest I can find it at B&M is $17.99. I'd feel better paying $9.99 for it. Maybe it'll drop in a few months time...or maybe I'll just mail-order for $14

5. Jon Martin

Jon Martin Cinematographer

I've listened to half of the BOY WHO COULD FLY commentary and it is a lot of fun. Surprisingly, the mute Jay Underwood does the most talking, constantly interrupting the others. Director Nick Caslte talks about his HALLOWEEN days a bit and points out his and John Carpenter's cameos (Fred Savage didn't know Castle played Michael Meyers).

The only problem, the DVD lists a video introduction by Underwood and Deakins when it is Underwood and Castle who do the introduction.

Worth picking up.

6. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

Wow, kudos to Warner for putting some effort into these two catalogue titles. More than what most studios would do.

Thanks for the info!

7. Derek P

Derek P Stunt Coordinator

8. James L White

James L White Supporting Actor

Who's a/v on The Boy Who Could Fly ?

great movie I need to pick this up [​IMG]

9. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

Can anyone post a picture of what Allison Porter looks like today?

10. James L White

James L White Supporting Actor