What's new

Boy, the Duke-Maryland game was a real dogfight. :o( (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
All the hype on ESPN all week for the Duke-Maryland game, and Duke won by 21. Great game. :rolleyes

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Shayne, yes, I watched the whole game. Maryland made it a game for awhile and even led by one point at halftime, but Duke took over in the second half. The second half ruined what was looking like a good game. Sorry, but someone needs to tell Maryland that it's a 40-minute game. :rolleyes

Adil M

Supporting Actor
It WAS a great game. Keith you should have "watched" the game. It was incredible all the way through until Maryland just faltered for a sec. That was it and the Crazies Stormed them.

Shayne Judge

Stunt Coordinator
Well, as one ESPN analyst said, "best college bb game of the year." Another ESPN quote, "you can't spell classic without ACC." I spent this afternoon watching two of last years games on ESPN classic, and this one ranked right up there with the rest.

First Half: Incredible, with 25 lead changes, multiple ties, and court energy that was a real treat to watch. The two teams looked even better than last year.

Second Half: Duke comes out with the same intensity, and MD cracks under the intense pressure and begins to miss easy shots in the paint. Duke takes the lead, but MD hangs around, down 5 with 9 min to play, and seemed to be down 5-10 points until the last minutes. I kept expecting Dixon to take over, and for MD to go on the same run as last year at Cameron.

Despite the boxscore, the game was intensely competitive, and was great overall. I can't wait to see part 2, and possible 3 & 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks