What's new

Stephen PI

Supporting Actor
I have emboldened the operative phrase in your post. Why come down hard on KL when you don't know for a fact that it does survive?

I don't think I came down hard on KL. I tried to help them in the past, such as direct them to a stereo track for "Meteor", but so far I have been ignored.
They, that is Mister Lime, have defended problems on some of their releases by blaming it on the original film makers, who have passed on, and can't defend themselves. For example,I criticized them for that, over the fiasco with "Curse of the Faceless Man", the problem of which probably originated with the studio, in this case MGM.
I repeat, that I have mentioned elsewhere - and directly to KL - if a Fox title is stereo they, and not all are, have to request with Fox the 4-track, as the default track on the HD master is a two-track mix-down.
If they follow through with this request they will find out if the 4-track exists or, which I am aware is a possibility, is in a state of decomposition where it can no longer be used.
So, no, I don't think I came down hard on KL.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I don't think I came down hard on KL. I tried to help them in the past, such as direct them to a stereo track for "Meteor", but so far I have been ignored.
They, that is Mister Lime, have defended problems on some of their releases by blaming it on the original film makers, who have passed on, and can't defend themselves. For example,I criticized them for that, over the fiasco with "Curse of the Faceless Man", the problem of which probably originated with the studio, in this case MGM.
I repeat, that I have mentioned elsewhere - and directly to KL - if a Fox title is stereo they, and not all are, have to request with Fox the 4-track, as the default track on the HD master is a two-track mix-down.
If they follow through with this request they will find out if the 4-track exists or, which I am aware is a possibility, is in a state of decomposition where it can no longer be used.
So, no, I don't think I came down hard on KL.

All I am suggesting is that Kino may have looked into this with Fox, and found that the 4-track was no longer viable, and that Kino would not have made that known to us.

Stephen PI

Supporting Actor
All I am suggesting is that Kino may have looked into this with Fox, and found that the 4-track was no longer viable, and that Kino would not have made that known to us.
Okay, I understand. I wish KL would convey that to us.
"THE ENEMY BELOW" is available abroad, in Japan, in English 4-track stereo, which I acquired recently at great expense. Also "DADDY LONG LEGS" I have in 4-track stereo on the dvd from a few years ago, so that must survive on some format. KL released both of these only with 2-track stereo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks