What's new

Boy on a Dolphin (1957) (1 Viewer)

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Well, Fox showing some interest in a blu-ray of BOAD gives a ray of hope, at least. It does seem to indicate that good elements exist. And, I must admit, I've really come to admire Fox SO MUCH more than the underachievers at, say, WB. They did just give us AGONY AND THE ECSTASY and 300 SPARTANS and let LONG HOT SUMMER and O. HENRY'S FULL HOUSE go to Germany. Let's keep our hopes up, as this is really good news. Just hope Fox is listening in here!

john a hunter

Screenwriter
Doug Bull said:
TT would have "Boy On a Dolphin" high on their list, mainly because of Hugo Friedhofer's acclaimed and haunting score.

Let's hope a nice new Anamorphic print turns up for them soon, as it did for "Violent Saturday"

Doug.
I hope you are right Doug.
Nothing in the latest TT releases interests me so I trust it won't be too long in coming.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
With the summer here in Greece, remembered that I'm still looking forward to seeing this movie.

it seems there's still no word from anyone.. :(

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Keith Cobby said:
Probably for streaming
They would go to all that trouble of a 4k restoration, just for an inferior streaming?

I don't think so..

And if they didn't want to release it on Bluray, they could give it to TT to release it as a limited edition.

I hope we see it this summer...

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Just saw this on Misterlime's Official Kino thread. Kino is releasing Boy On A Dolphin (1957) as a new 4K restoration onto
Blu-ray. This also bodes well for a possible UHD Blu-ray release later on.

Kinda surprised that TT didn't get it but congratulations to Kino Lorber and Misterlime.

Count me in for a Day 1 Order.

Last edited:

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
Kino has been a godsend in giving us all these incredible classic films but THIS beats everything! Plus, I've been through my The Vikings five times now and couldn't be more pleased. They are the greatest!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks