What's new

Boy is my ATV a godsend for yardwork. (1 Viewer)

StephenA

Screenwriter
I've found it very useful around my big yard to do work. Since it's a sport/utility 4x4, it can tow about half a ton and I have a trailer hitch and trailer for it. So far this year I've used the ATV to uproot bushes, move 300 pounds of rocks and bricks, haul away big tree branches, and to haul away leaf litter. I also use it to plow the 2 driveways in my yard during the winter. It's a great tool for people who have big yards or farms. Certainly glad I got it almost 3 years ago. And an added bonus is that I can go have fun out on the trails or around my yard too. It's also funny seeing people on sport ATVs get stuck in the mud while I just throw mine in 4 wheel drive low and go right through it like nothing.

Shane Bos

Second Unit
ATV's a great if they were street legal I would drive one all the time. I'm looking to buy one probably next summer. I'm looking at about a 600cc Polaris sportsman 4x4. Mostly for trail riding in the mud.

Stephen I believe you can get a mower atachment for ATV's also.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
During the last huge snowstorm here in mid february, all the roads were closed and I saw a guy giving his son a ride in the ATV. The kid was helmetted and they seemed to be going up and down their streets having a good time. I was out on my snowshoes for a hike around town to a local park..

Jay

StephenA

Screenwriter
Yes you can get mower attachments for ATVs Shane. I don't have a use for them though, because I have a riding and push lawnmower. You can get many other attachments like tillers and seeders too. The Polaris makes a good 4x4 ATV. My ATV is a Suzuki Quadmaster 500 4x4 with an automatic transmission.

4x4 ATVs are great in the snow Jay. I ride mine all the time in the snow, and even drove my 12 year old sister around on the back of it too. It's not quite as good as a snowmobile in the snow, but I've rarely got stuck in the snow. I have a winch if I do get stuck in the snow, mud, or deep water. Hardly ever used it due to being able to get through most tough terrain. I've had to pull my friend out many times while we were riding in the snow, because he has a sport ATV. I'd just pull up right in front of his machine, attach a rope between the 2, and pull it right out. I even had to pull my riding lawnmower out of the deep mud and grass one time because my uncle was stupid enough to ride it down back inti the swampy area.

Whenever I go riding wih friends, I'm the one who gets stuck lugging all the stuff because I'm usually the only one with racks and a big enough machine to carry it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks