What's new

Boy, do I feel old.... (1 Viewer)

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
My son turned 18 today, and is leaving for college in one month.

On top of that, I'm using up my unused vacation time from the Navy, which will end on my retirement date (the end of August), and I'm using the time to search for a job as an elementary school teacher.

This is a pretty stressful time right now, but everyone says there's a teacher shortage, and that I will have no problem finding a job. We'll see.

Bill Balcziak

Supporting Actor
Be thankful you don't have a professional baseball team in Virginia to worry about. Now THAT would tear you apart. ;)

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
I just started teaching Morgan how to use a stick shift today...it added about a hundred grey hairs. Not because he did a bad job..he got it really quick...just that he is at the age to get to know how to drive at all!

Time flies...just yesterday I was splashing him in his baby pool.....

Denward

Supporting Actor
I don't think I needed to have that image of you and your 16 year old in my brain.:D

Blu

Screenwriter
I felt old a few weeks ago when the oldies rock station played Guns N Roses.......sigh........

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
You are not old until you wear sweatpants exclusively and have no problem with sporting a fanny pack.
At that point it's time to buy the Corvette and try out the comb-over. :D

AllanN

Supporting Actor
I defiantly got the feeling that im not a teenager/college student anymore when I was talking to this girl and she said "last year at prom.....". Last year at prom was 5 years ago. I then later though "shit I have to be at work on Monday" when contemplating when I could leave from Erie to Youngstown that night.

Frederick

Second Unit
Try explaining what "those big, black round shiny things that have music on them" are to an 8 year old. That'll put things into perspective. Or 8-tracks. And to think that his children probably won't know what a cassette tape is ...

Freddy C.

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
Today I heard "Wang Chung" on the radio at work. My co worker said to me "Who is this" full of attitude of course. When I told him who it was and what year it was released, he said "Dude, I wasn't even born yet." Felt like smackin' him one.

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
don't feel so bad guys. i went shopping and at both places the employees called me "sir". ack! :D

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
christ I'm 24 and feel ancient. I can't imagine being really old like some of you guys :D

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
You know you're getting old when:

*you get up from a chair you let out a sigh of pain
* your nostril hairs are turning white.

John Randolph

Stunt Coordinator
:D :D :D That's the funniest thing I've heard all month.
As for me, I'm just turned 14, so I have nothing to worry about yet :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks