Boxing Day Upgraditis...What to upgrade?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Drew_W, Dec 25, 2003.

1. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

In the disappointed stories thread I posted about my H/K AVR225 and Energy Take 5.2 setup. The problem I'm having with it is that I can clip it at even moderate volumes when playing (ultra dynamic) organ music. I'm quite content with the sound of the setup though, although I do most of my listening in PLII because the fronts don't fill the room enough for my liking...so....

I've heard that the Veritas have a similar sound to the Takes, and there's a pair of Veritas 2.1s on special for 750 Canadian (factory seconds...whatever that means). Is this a good buy?

Also, I'll need something to power them. This system does about 95% music, so I was thinking of going separates, but the cost of a pre/pro may be prhibitavely expensive. Any suggestions for receivers? Or for other mains for that matter...I'm trying to stay under $2000CND, including taxes for both. Thanks!

2. AndrewRose

AndrewRose Auditioning

if your canadian then there might be a dealership that sells axioms near you. Very nice speakers and they are even cheaper for Canadian people.

Can you return your hk 225? I would listen to the yamaha 1400, denon 3083 and HK 525. Basically, stick with last years models that you can get fairly cheaply over the internet.
    I think once you get a good set of speakers you will find stereo mode is more enjoyable for music then DPII. That might be just me though