What's new

Box Set Blowout at FYE (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
In addition to the Simpsons sets already mentioned in another thread, FYE is having a sale/rebate on about two dozen box sets. I was on my lunch and didn't get to check them all out, but Alien Quadrology was $69.99 on sale, plus a $20 rebate making the final cost $49.99!!! Other sets included 24, Smallville, Band of Brothers plus many more. The clerk said she thought that the sale runs through the whole month, but was not sure. My pocketbook did not need this right now!

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
I picked up the Quadroligy today, thanks for the tip. $50 is a great price. My wife was flipping me crap because I had sold the first box set (at a hefty profit since I had the mail-away disc) only to go and buy this one. When I unfolded it, she changed her tune. That is one cool looking set of discs!

Doug

Doug Miller

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug Miller
I picked up the Quadroligy today, thanks for the tip. $50 is a great price. My wife was flipping me crap because I had sold the first box set (at a hefty profit since I had the mail-away disc) only to go and buy this one. When I unfolded it, she changed her tune. That is one cool looking set of discs!

Doug

Frank@N

Screenwriter
The Quadrology rebate is same deal they were running week one, and yes it's tempting.

But I could never go for the whole 'pay more now and we'll send you the money back later' deal.

The whole concept is insulting because it operates on the assumption that we're lazy idiots who won't send in the rebate.

I assume that's how they manage to still make money off sale items.

Recently, they were selling 'Good, Bad, & Ugly' re-issue for $9.99 (after rebate).

I guess if you could send in a bunch of them at the same time, it might be worth it.

But this is a crappy way to buy week one releases on a regular basis.

It's like the 'extended warranty' of dvd marketing.

Sorry for the rant, but I only buy used stuff at FEY/Coconuts.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
The Quadrology rebate is same deal they were running week one, and yes it's tempting.

But I could never go for the whole 'pay more now and we'll send you the money back later' deal.

The whole concept is insulting because it operates on the assumption that we're lazy idiots who won't send in the rebate.

I assume that's how they manage to still make money off sale items.

Recently, they were selling 'Good, Bad, & Ugly' re-issue for $9.99 (after rebate).

I guess if you could send in a bunch of them at the same time, it might be worth it.

But this is a crappy way to buy week one releases on a regular basis.

It's like the 'extended warranty' of dvd marketing.

Sorry for the rant, but I only buy used stuff at FEY/Coconuts.

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Well I decided to check out Fye today, and found the third season of Simpson for 15 (as the other thread suggested), fourth season for 35, Alien Quad for 69, Indiana Jones for 60, and Futurama second for 29. I bought the two Simpson dvd mentioned, even so my brother is wanting to get Indiana Jones and Aliens next week (if the deal is going on by then).

Kenneth Cummings

Supporting Actor
Well I decided to check out Fye today, and found the third season of Simpson for 15 (as the other thread suggested), fourth season for 35, Alien Quad for 69, Indiana Jones for 60, and Futurama second for 29. I bought the two Simpson dvd mentioned, even so my brother is wanting to get Indiana Jones and Aliens next week (if the deal is going on by then).

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Thanks for the heads up... Does anyone know if this is just a local deal, or can we get this special at the website?

Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks