What's new

BOX dimensions for Tosh 40H80? Also, hired hauling help? (1 Viewer)

Rob Robinson

Second Unit
My 40H80 shipped yesterday!
Does anyone know where I can find the dimensions of the BOX the set will arrive in?
I am curious to know if I am going to need to use the front or back stairs, and if I will need to unpack the TV on the ground- I don't have a garage, and chiocago isn't known for it's gorgeous late fall weather, so I would like to avoid this.
The fact that my building is on the corner in a not so pleasant neighborhood is another factor in my desire to not have to putz around on the sidewalk for an extended period.
any help would be appreciated.
Also- most of my pals have 9 to 5 jobs- are there places you can call to have guys just carry something up my stairs? Of course, I want legit haulers in the event of an accident. On the otherhand, the set only weighs around 140lbs, so I SHOULD be able to handle it with other guy, ya think?

Gary_E

Second Unit
Rob,
The box is fairly large, I'm not sure of the exact size since it's been awhile since I got mine. Just cut the bottom of the box on the dotted line and lift it up over the set. Once it is out of the box it is much easier to maneuver around. Unpacking doesn't take too long.
You and another person(maybe the delivery driver for $20.00)should be able to handle it without a problem. If you have a smooth surface to your house/apt you can roll it into place. I wouldn't roll it over a bumpy surface, carrying it would be a better option.
Enjoy,
-Gary

Paul O

Stunt Coordinator
As i recall when i recieved my 40H80 it was very easy for 2 people to move once it was out of its box. Im not sure you will be able to move it in its box as there arent any convenient grab handles. As previously mentioned removing it from its box shouldnt take more than a few minutes - youll need some pliers to remove the staples and a box cutter.

Rob Robinson

Second Unit
was the box MUCH bigger than the set?
I've seen other toshiba specs which seem like the box is 6 inches bigger in all 3 dimensions. If it is only 6 inches, I can get it in no problem.
Also, is it attached to a wooden palette?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks