What's new

Bowling for Columbine - 2 disc set!?!? (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I bought it on my lunch break earlier this afternoon at BB. When I opened it just now, I was surprised to see the disc say "Disc 2 Special Features." Then I flipped over the flippy thing to reveal "Disc 1 Feature Film." Did anyone know this was going to be a 2-disc set? I had heard nothing about it being 2 discs. Even the packaging says nothing about it, and it's in a regular 1-disc Amaray case, with the aforementioned "flippy thing."

Nice surprise when I saw it. With a 5-DVD changer, I always prefer a 2-disc set to a 2-sided disc (which reviews of this indicated it was - maybe they made some DVD-14s and some 2-disc sets, similar to Artisan's T2:UE which had some DVD-18s and some 2-disc sets?). Anyone get this today as a DVD-14 (dual-sided disc)?

Martin_T

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up 2 copies at Best Buy this morning. One for me, and one for a friend. Both of them are double disc editions.

Lee-M

Stunt Coordinator
I stayed up an hour later than usual, to view a big chunk of the second disk.

I missed the feature in the theater, and have been waiting for it even more anxiously than I have for LOTR:TTT. I was not disappointed.

I thought it was better that "Roger and Me"... more poignant and thought-provoking. ...And I cheered when "Take Skinheads Bowling" opened the film

A must-buy; especially if you're a pin-headed "when you take it from my cold, dead hands" type... you really should take a look.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Maybe they made a 1 disc version for the rental market as Blockbuster has stated they prefer one disc. Then a 2-Disc version as most people here seem to prefer, but some 1 disc versions got thrown into the retail mix

Lowell_B

Second Unit
Wow, that's pretty bizarre. I just finished watching my rented copy from BlockBuster (which was a single DVD-14 flipper) a few minutes ago. Great flick.

I hope there's a difference between the two different versions to differentiate between them. Maybe this'll be the next DVD trend, having to weigh cases at Best Buy to figure out if they have one or two discs. :)

Lowell

Derek U

Stunt Coordinator
The copy I rented from Blockbuster was one disc. The copy I bought at Best Buy was two discs. Go figure!

Derek

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I received a two-disc set. Just a day later I read with interest DVD reviewer Susan King's comments about the Bolwing release in her Los Angeles Times column where she mentioned receiving a single two-sided disc. I just chalked it up to her having received a screener copy.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Interesting. The Canadian version (from Alliance Atlantis) is advertised as a 2-disc, so no problem there, but I find it fascinating that people who buy from one retailer (Best Buy) get the 2-disc, while those who buy online or rent from SchlockBuster get the DVD-14. Maybe the reason the online one is a DVD-14 is to reduce shipping costs. Who knows?

Bob Turnbull

Supporting Actor

I think only one person in the thread stated they had received the 1-disc from an online vendor. Have you heard anything else about online vendors?

I bought from amazon.ca and received the 2-disc set.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I bought from amazon.ca and received the 2-disc set.
Bob, was yours the MGM or the Alliance Atlantis version? I'm only asking because (1) you're from Canada; and (2) you bought from amazon.ca. I haven't checked amazon as of yet, but I suspect that amazon.ca is only carrying the AA version, which would explain why you got 2 discs.
Yep, I was right. Amazon.ca is stocking the Alliance Atlantis version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks