What's new

Bowers and Wilkins Floor Speakers with Stands $600 (1 Viewer)

sonofatalker

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
$600 and stands included. Used but mint condition

A high-end 100-watt satellite speaker, the B&W VM1 can be used a part of your home theater system, for an enhanced movie watching experience. Flexible enough, this B&W main/stereo speaker can either be used in portrait or landscape mode, as per your convenience. A dynamic frequency response of 75Hz-20kHz +/-3dB ensures that this home theater speaker comes out with greater sound and clarity at different audio levels. A 125mm cone bass/mid woofer in this B&W main/stereo speaker lets you enjoy a deep and substantial bass, for better musical experience. In addition, the 25mm tweeter incorporated in this home theater speaker helps produce high frequency sound with enhanced clarity. Boasting a slim design, the B&W VM1 beautifully complements your home decor.

[email protected]

Attachments

• bw FPM4 pair.jpg
    bw FPM4 pair.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 54
  • be FPM4 back.jpg
    be FPM4 back.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 92

sonofatalker

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
My bad. Figuring out the models on this has been difficult for me. I'm obviously a rookie on this stuff. How do I change the title of the ad? I can see how to change text within but not the title?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Scott,

I went ahead and edit the title. If you wish it to say
something else do let me know.

Best

Ron

sonofatalker

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
Thanks Ron. Could you add to title "with stands" and a price of $400?Sent from my LG-P769 using HTF mobile app

arsh

Second Unit
Are these ported on the back and could be used as rear surrounds? what will be matching front series btw?

sonofatalker

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
arsh said:
Are these ported on the back and could be used as rear surrounds? what will be matching front series btw?
As the picture shows above they have the ports on the back. Regarding use as rear speakers, I'm sure they could be though they are originally designed as a center channel or can be used as rights and lefts as well. The units can be taken off the stands and mounted either landscaper or portrait in orientation on a wall.....or be left on the stands.

sonofatalker

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
Here is what one guy said in his review of these VM-1's. Based on what he says, clarity, distinctness of sound, separation of sounds, it defintely sounds like you can use them for rear speakers in a 5.1 surround situation.

Final Take - When I'm listening to anything in 5.1, I want to hear details; some details are obvious; others are not so obvious. Nonetheless, all details are important and a good speaker ensemble and subwoofer will present them all--accurately. I found that the VM1 speakers and AS1 subwoofer filled my room up like sails on a windy day. With The Count of Monte Cristo, the sword fighting scenes sounded crisp and brilliant--exactly what I've come to expect from a B&W speaker. Each sound of a steel blade slicing shirt or skin, or clashing against another was near perfect; each note stayed the course. The midrange per-formed marvelously, meeting the tweeter smoothly and effectively. The AS1 sub didn't cop out with deeper passages. Through Faith Hill's DVD-Audio Cry the VM1 again produced vocals and details flawlessly and effortlessly. I could hear the guitar pick scratching against the strings on a few tracks--always a true test of a speaker's will. Though the AS1 pleased my ears, I am not one to make the house shake--and neither is this sub. Nevertheless, the AS1 is a solid performer providing good low-end bass for mild to medium levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks