What's new

'Bourne Ultimatum' hits the street Dec. 11th with TrueHD (1 Viewer)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
Universal has released the specs on it's upcomming 'Bourne Ultimatum' release.

As expected from Universal, this is a Combo disk. Either you like it or not, it is what it is.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Wow, I'm a bit surprised that it is getting TrueHD since the first 2 had DD+ only. I wonder if the box set will have TrueHD on all of them.

EnricoE

Supporting Actor
urgh, another combo release :angry:

welp, that means for me "hold tide till hd dvd only comes out!"

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Can't wait to own this to complete (at least for now ;)) my Bourne HD DVD collection. Eagerly awaiting!!! :)

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I doubt they'll go back and re-do the first two discs. I'm not really surprised that this has TrueHD since Universal seems to have seen the light as of late and started using it on most releases. I can't wait to own this!

Manus

Second Unit
Why is this a combo when the others werent ? Until Toshiba wise up and allow us to have Region Free SD on our players worldwide these are of no use to those of us whose movie collections transcend national boundaries .

~M~

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
All Universal new releases are Combo. Universal catalog releases are HD only.

Manus

Second Unit
Bummer ! The sales figures would make interesting reading if they tried releasing with and without the Dvd side at the same time, people could make their own mind up . I may get a European release if I can be sure that it isn't cut as often happens in the U.K. and therefore Ireland.

~M~

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
For films I really want and like, I won't let issues such as combo discs or other factors keep me from getting them. Stranger Than Fiction was $27.95 on Blu-ray but I didn't let that stop me from buying one of the best films of 2006.

I want what I want...as soon as I can get what I want. :crazy: :D

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Man, the combo disks seemed aimed at such a small demographic, most people would purchase either the dvd only or the hddvd only. Still, if forced, I will add this good film to my collection

PerryD

Supporting Actor
I'm surprised (or maybe the right word is dumbfounded?) that so many people expected this to be a non-combo release. As soon as Universal releases a new release as a non-combo, you will definitely hear about it (similar to the rumor about Warner stopping combos, has that been confirmed?). Otherwise, expect every single Universal new release to be a combo disc. It seems a bit ridiculous that half the posts in every Universal HD DVD announcement thread is about how much people hate combos. It's really hard to sift through all of the noise in these threads to find the details and discussion.

Manus

Second Unit
Perry , there really was no need then to read beyond the OP as the thread title was very clear and was followed by a link to further details on the release.

As Hd-Dvd is promoted as being Region Free throughout the globe ( I myself have purchased discs from Australia , France , U.K. , Germany , Spain , Poland as well as the U.S. ) so being lumbered with the extra cost of an SD version which won't play on my player is a live issue .

The whole Hd war is about money , ultimately . It would be interesting to see how studio incomes would look if everyone , like myself , with an international movie collection suddenly only purchased discs locally .

And now back to our regular programming :)

Regards ,

~M~

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks